20 52.63%
  • No - Gas engine or LS future

7 18.42%
  • Maybe -depends on price

11 28.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Diesel vote

2016 Jeep Wrangler Diesel vote

If the 2016 Jeep offers the 3.0-liter turbocharged V-6 EcoDiesel as an option - who will be trading in or buying the 2016...beside myself

I would, but it's not going to happen:

Why not just use a VM V6 diesel with an eight speed? The engine does not fit. However, there are other diesel engines which might be possible — and we will discuss those later. The most likely V6, given Sergio Marchionne’s comments, is an upgraded 3.2 liter gasoline engine."

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...p-Fuel-Economy

that's what I thought as well but they also said the same thing about a Hemi fitting and well....

I would rather save and someday install an ls3....dreaming 🍺🍺👌

Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    that's what I thought as well but they also said the same thing about a Hemi fitting and well....
    Only fits with a sledgehammer to the firewall from what I have seen and been told. I unfortunately haven't done the install though.

....Sell the current jeep and use that fund towards the '16 JKU-Diesel....

Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
    The thing is, they already make a diesel version of the JK, they just don't sell it in North America. I think a lot of that was due to the fact that the 2.8 L VM Motori turbodiesel straight-4 engine the diesel JKs have doesn't meet US emissions standards, but they've always claimed that they wouldn't get enough sales to justify making them for the North American market. That's a pretty flimsy line if you ask me, since they're making them anyway if they would have picked a diesel engine that could be sold worldwide they wouldn't have to worry as much for this particular market.

I hope they fix that for the JL. I know I would have seriously considered getting a diesel JK if I could get one here.

Nope, drive mine till it quits then put another 3.6 or v8 in it.

I would love a diesel jk, but would never buy the first year of them running the motor in it, they always have quirks and I would rather wait, but I gonna do a ls3 here in the next 3yrs

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner505 View Post
    I would love a diesel jk, but would never buy the first year of them running the motor in it, they always have quirks and I would rather wait, but I gonna do a ls3 here in the next 3yrs
    They've been making diesels for some time now. Every other country has them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast