Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No - Gas engine or LS future

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Maybe -depends on price

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

jeeeep

Hooked
If the 2016 Jeep offers the 3.0-liter turbocharged V-6 EcoDiesel as an option - who will be trading in or buying the 2016...beside myself :rock:

jeeeep

Hooked
that's what I thought as well but they also said the same thing about a Hemi fitting and well....

Wardell

The thing is, they already make a diesel version of the JK, they just don't sell it in North America. I think a lot of that was due to the fact that the 2.8 L VM Motori turbodiesel straight-4 engine the diesel JKs have doesn't meet US emissions standards, but they've always claimed that they wouldn't get enough sales to justify making them for the North American market. That's a pretty flimsy line if you ask me, since they're making them anyway if they would have picked a diesel engine that could be sold worldwide they wouldn't have to worry as much for this particular market.

I hope they fix that for the JL. I know I would have seriously considered getting a diesel JK if I could get one here.

Tanner505

I would love a diesel jk, but would never buy the first year of them running the motor in it, they always have quirks and I would rather wait, but I gonna do a ls3 here in the next 3yrs

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would love a diesel jk, but would never buy the first year of them running the motor in it, they always have quirks and I would rather wait, but I gonna do a ls3 here in the next 3yrs

They've been making diesels for some time now. Every other country has them

KingCopperhead

I'd rather save the money when my jk is paid off and go visit motech for an ls3.

Had that engine in my old camaro, that sound of an ls3 with long tubes is the only thing I miss about that car.

Bacon

I am hoping/praying/begging for a diesel JK. My 3.8 pisses me off every time I drive my Jeep. I miss my TDI Jetta I sold last year. Also looking forward to driving the upcoming Colorado diesel. I really doubt Jeep is ever going to put a diesel in the Wrangler. Hell, they're talking about a turbo four for 2017 ~shudder~

swazza94

we have the 2.8L Diesel option here is Aus and they are extremely popular! i think they should you give you guys the factory option of a diesel!

jeeeep

Hooked
I am hoping/praying/begging for a diesel JK. My 3.8 pisses me off every time I drive my Jeep. I miss my TDI Jetta I sold last year. Also looking forward to driving the upcoming Colorado diesel. I really doubt Jeep is ever going to put a diesel in the Wrangler. Hell, they're talking about a turbo four for 2017 ~shudder~

I used to have a TDI Jetta I drove to my long distance clients, thing ran great and the hills never slowed it down.

my 3.8 is really not so bad for most drives but I would like more power. I'd like not to have to lock out OD to maintain speed.

So hoping for a 2016 diesel option or crack the piggy bank open for an LS swap

Brankz

Not me, you know how hard was for me trade my 2 door lol.....

Maybe after I pay off my judgment I can think about it

Renegade

they would have to have the new diesel emissions would make them totally unreliable like most of the new diesel trucks

Top Bottom