Thank you to my stinger

brooklyn4x4

Let me start off by saying everyone was ok. So a teenage girl didn't yelid the right of way and made a left hand turn right in front of me.

Thanks to my stinger I didn't get to much damage just a broken fender and my steering is a little out of wack. Nothing looks bent or broke think it just needs and alignments.

But the other car didn't fair so well.

And I'm also wondering if there is any steering components I should check .

Attachments

• 1424672895937.jpg
    1424672895937.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 1424672915017.jpg
    1424672915017.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 1424672939408.jpg
    1424672939408.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 1424672958916.jpg
    1424672958916.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 1424672983979.jpg
    1424672983979.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 504

Tanner505

Let me start off by saying everyone was ok. So a teenage girl didn't yelid the right of way and made a left hand turn right in front of me.

Thanks to my stinger I didn't get to much damage just a broken fender and my steering is a little out of wack. Nothing looks bent or broke think it just needs and alignments.

But the other car didn't fair so well.

And I'm also wondering if there is any steering components I should check .

The bumper just paid for its self lol, good to see that the jeep had minimal damage, that Wk got messed up pretty bad though

Wardell

Oh no, Jeep on Jeep carnage. :eek:

This kinda shows how much better built the Wranglers are, though your steel bumper and stinger was a big factor in that. I agree, it's paid for itself.

Glad to hear everyone is ok and that there was very little damage to your rig.

Bacon

Looks like your axle took a direct hit. Inspect EVERYTHING up front. From the wheel studs to the control arm mounts. Chances are something is broken and/or bent. Glad job odyssey was hurt.

budmanm3

:thumb: Glad it all worked out.. time for a fender upgrade.. some flat fenders would be a nice upgrade

brooklyn4x4

Thanks for everyone's concern. The bumper deffintly paid for it self. I'm gonna head over to the mechanic now and get it all check out and new fenders are definitely on my mind.

brooklyn4x4

I just dropped my jeep off at the body shop still waiting on all the details but they think the frame might be slightly bent. They said there going to go threw everything and get back to me with an estimate but things are worse then I originally expected.

big dr

I was just going to back up what Bacon said and add that you should at least take it to a frame/alignment shop to measure it out. Glad to see your on it:thumb:

brooklyn4x4

So a little up date I did have frame damage and my axel is bent. I assumed my front axel was a Dana 30 with 3.73 gears that's what I got when I tried to figure it out counting the rotation of the drive shafts vs tire. But the shop is saying I have a 44 with 4.10 gears. That's what they said build sheet from the Vin number said. Now if I had a rubi that would makes sense but I have an early 2007 x sport . I bought it used so I never got the build sheet my self. Does it seem possible I had a 44 and 4.10s the whole time with out knowing?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So a little up date I did have frame damage and my axel is bent. I assumed my front axel was a Dana 30 with 3.73 gears that's what I got when I tried to figure it out counting the rotation of the drive shafts vs tire. But the shop is saying I have a 44 with 4.10 gears. That's what they said build sheet from the Vin number said. Now if I had a rubi that would makes sense but I have an early 2007 x sport . I bought it used so I never got the build sheet my self. Does it seem possible I had a 44 and 4.10s the whole time with out knowing?

Just say ok and have them put a new 44 in.

el_chupo_

Call another Jeep dealership with your VIN and ask the parts department to check what axle and gears it came with. They should be able to verify that for you - local dealership did that for me on a couple of Jeeps before I bought.

brooklyn4x4

Just say ok and have them put a new 44 in.

o don't get me wroung regardless of what I had/have I'm putting a 44 in. I'm just seeing if its weird because I don't want to still have 3.73 in the back and 4.10 in the front and have my transfer case explode

Last edited:

brooklyn4x4

Call another Jeep dealership with your VIN and ask the parts department to check what axle and gears it came with. They should be able to verify that for you - local dealership did that for me on a couple of Jeeps before I bought.

Thanks I'll do that first thing in the morning.

brooklyn4x4

If I did have a d30 and I'm going to a 44 it should bolt right in and I should have no problems as long as the front and rear gears match ?

Top Bottom