Terrible dealership experience

RedRum

Hey everyone I'm pretty new here so I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I'm extremely aggravated and need to spread the word about an experience with Freehold Jeep in Nj ( I know a lot of you guys are out west )

Long story short my fiancé and I are looking for a 2015 anvil jkur, trading in the two door ... Now she works in car sales and has for the past few years .... As soon as we walk in we are greater by this young kid, ok whatever I'm 25 myself but you could tell he still had that arrogance about him ... Once we sit down we are totally upfront with him and explain we need to order one because there aren't any to be found configured to how I want it ... After over an hour of getting the run around he gives us a price over 10k higher than our previous quote and gives us attitude !! We simply get up and walk out

Feeling like we were giving the run around we decide to call and talk to a manager, after being questioned by the salesperson as to who I am and why we still don't get transferred to a legit manager we get the " head sales person " our salespersons friend so he doesn't get in trouble ... After explaining what happened he tells us well if your girl works for a xxx dealership why didn't you go there ?? Well for starters it's a similar name but totally different dealership and why would you question me as to why I'm coming to your dealership where I know way more about your product and my fiancé knows more about your incentives and promotions ...

All this I was willing to just write up as a waste of time however what happened next was u heard of ... After hours I get a call from our salesperson at 8:30 at night hours after they are closed asking why I complained I simply said really dude I'm done with you and hung up

So the. This is what happened next ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424719450.887871.jpg

Implying that because he knows someone at the dealership she works at if we pursue a complaint he will get her fired ... So yes I'll buy a 40k jeep from yea !! Unprofessional to the max

RedRum

Yea it's fine because I go to jeep events all year long ( topless for Tatas and different wounded warrior events ) I'll be sure to let everyone know about my experience there ... It's one thing to be a dick but to call me a coward when I was being mature and not even engaging with him and to throw an empty threat at my fiancé because he's scared ... Not ok

Tanner505

Yea it's fine because I go to jeep events all year long ( topless for Tatas and different wounded warrior events ) I'll be sure to let everyone know about my experience there ... It's one thing to be a dick but to call me a coward when I was being mature and not even engaging with him and to throw an empty threat at my fiancé because he's scared ... Not ok

Contact the GSM and tell him what happened, that is not okay in anyway at all

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Contact the OWNER of the dealership and file formal complaint. I would also file a complaint with the BBB and Chrysler. Then go buy somewhere else.

bk030

Freehold jeep is definitely horrible. I was going to buy a jku from them in 2008. They had it marked up over $8000 for no reason. I asked why it was marked up and they basically said that's what they get from them. I wanted to leave, but they wouldn't give me the keys to my trade in. I said I was going to call the police. They still wouldn't give my keys back. I finally dialed the police on speaker so they could hear what was going on. U bet they were in a hurry to give my keys back. I made a report with the cops when they showed up. I went to Buhler jeep in Hazlet and asked them to find me the Jeep I wanted, knowing they would find it in freehold. They traded a vehicle for it and I paid less than the original price of the jeep. Stay away from freehold jeep!

washingtonXJ

Im sure the owner & even Jeep would love to hear about this. I worked around dealerships for 8 yrs & they would fire that guy in a heart beat, with proof, & possibly withoit.

TheStick

Just for everyone out there. There is NO need to do a single bit of negotiation face to face at the dealership anymore. Do all of that through email, and just walk in to sign the deal you agreed upon.

Take that emotion and bullshit out of the deal and just do business.

RedRum

Yea I bought my current jeep at buhler I was just trying to shop around but we are definitely going to go through the process ... I was in shock when it happened and it took everything I had to stay calm and not go down to his level ... For now I'm happy with taking as much business away from them as possible

TheStick

Yea I bought my current jeep at buhler I was just trying to shop around but we are definitely going to go through the process ... I was in shock when it happened and it took everything I had to stay calm and not go down to his level ... For now I'm happy with taking as much business away from them as possible

That's part of my problem. I can't stand the games and talking down to. Email helps me negotiate without getting too pissed ;)

Napalm

Just for everyone out there. There is NO need to do a single bit of negotiation face to face at the dealership anymore. Do all of that through email, and just walk in to sign the deal you agreed upon.

Take that emotion and bullshit out of the deal and just do business.

^this.

When I bought my '14 my salesmen and I(family friend) did the deal completely over text message. Walked in, went straight to finance. 20 minutes later I was done!

Yeep

I did the same (not a family friend)

Me too...I was at the dealership for less than 30 mins and still even made it to work on time that day...

I'm currently doing the same thing with a dealer for a new car for the wife...it's MUCH easier to buy a car this way, on my time

RedRum

I just got off the phone with jeep corporate and they couldn't even get through to the GM so they gave me a case number and informed me they would call there everyday until they get someone and if we are not compensated or the matter is not resolved they will get a strike against them and 3 strikes you get the brand pulled, pretty sure they have at least with due to the fact they are settling a " bait and switch scam " in court

All this and still not contact with any managers

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
This last jeep i bought, i too bought on line. Did all negotiations on line. Went to dealership to inspect JK , then to finance. In and out with JK in less than 30 minutes.

Finance had all papers printed and ready to sign too :)

RedRum

Quick update : received a call from yet again not the gm who could care less about what happened and he explained that he was new so Re isn't educated on jeeps ... When I said that's done but texting me after hours calling me a coward and trying to threaten my fiancé a job he didn't say anything ... I said if I did that I would be u employed ... With the most snug tones ever he said well what do you do ? How the hell is that relevant !! And he just kept asking me what I did asshole you sell cars your are the zit on the asshole that is humanity ( sorry to you car sales folk but this is the guy that's gives them all a bad name )

jesse3638

Hooked
A coworker and I were just discussing the latest social media incident with regards to the vulgar posts about Kurt Schilling's daughter and his response to them. In doing so made me think of this thread. Just curious as to if there has been any progress with your complaint.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Contact the OWNER of the dealership and file formal complaint. I would also file a complaint with the BBB and Chrysler. Then go buy somewhere else.

Tis! They acted in a completely unprofessional way and Chrysler and the BBB needs to hear about it. Otherwise, they will just keep doing this crap. Sorry about your bad experience.

Trail JK

This last jeep i bought, i too bought on line. Did all negotiations on line. Went to dealership to inspect JK , then to finance. In and out with JK in less than 30 minutes.

Finance had all papers printed and ready to sign too :)

Me too! It was awesome!

Top Bottom