Texans Doin' It Right!

Off Pavement

Texas has been getting their share of winter weather and this news station video shows the Chisholm Trail Jeep Club doin' it right! The semi recovery at the start shows only a glimpse of the three Jeeps it took to pull it out of the ditch...

Jeep Club Rescues Drivers

LeJerk

They're all standing around in the same spot. Shouldn't they be spread out on different parts of the road or different highways?

"But instead, on this cold night, he goes home with something else. Warmth in his heart." Haha, so lame.

So many front license plates missing. What's up with the one Jeep that has red and blue police lights? How is that legal?

What happened to the clip of the Jeeps pulling the Semi? They cut it off.

big dr

That is awesome! In high school I used to drive up to the local mountains during big storms and do the same thing. There was no shortage of customers due to the fact that southern Californians have no idea how to drive in any other weather besides clear and sunny.

JokerJKU

They aren't spread out because the ice wasn't that widespread by late in the day yesterday even though the news was having a field day with their "icepocalypse" stories. There were really only sporadic spots where there was any ice left and only a few of those where anyone was actually getting stuck. They positioned themselves on a hill where numerous vehicles were getting stuck throughout the day.

While I'm no fan of the douchebags in Chisholm Trail Jeep Club, they did help out more than a few stranded motorists and 18 wheelers yesterday. And they certainly weren't too modest to post congratulatory remarks (to themselves) to facebook constantly throughout the day.

These guys also wheel illegally almost every evening, so I'm pretty sure they aren't too worried about the lack of front license plates or other issues.

Jackal01

So many front license plates missing. What's up with the one Jeep that has red and blue police lights? How is that legal?

He could be a firefighter/EMT. Texas doesn't have "red and blue police lights" however all cops in Texas are supposed to run red and blue but any emergency vehicle(police, ems, volunteer fire, paid fire) run red and blue along with any other color. At the minimum police use red and blue and fire/ems run red however most emergency vehicles run red, blue, amber and white and sometimes green.

Flat Top

As far as front license plates, there are some new laws concerning plates that went into effect in September that's missing verbiage about the front plates. Lots of opinions floating around about what that means but some people have taken it to mean front plates are optional.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
front plates are optional.

Read it on the internet, here it is, and must be true.

I haven't had a front plate on any of my vehicles ever, and have only been stopped once, during an early morning trip to the grocery store for eggs in college station a few years back. :asshat: No written warning, no ticket, nothing, just a cop being a douche and wasting my time. Besides that, I've never had a problem with any of my vehicles.

Texas has been getting their share of winter weather and this news station video shows the Chisholm Trail Jeep Club doin' it right! The semi recovery at the start shows only a glimpse of the three Jeeps it took to pull it out of the ditch...

Jeep Club Rescues Drivers

Here is link to the video on facebook. I love this because it shows the spirit of Jeepers. Ready and willing to help and having fun doing it.

Texas Jeepers pulling Semi's

Hooah.

Last edited:
They aren't spread out because the ice wasn't that widespread by late in the day yesterday even though the news was having a field day with their "icepocalypse" stories. There were really only sporadic spots where there was any ice left and only a few of those where anyone was actually getting stuck. They positioned themselves on a hill where numerous vehicles were getting stuck throughout the day.

While I'm no fan of the douchebags in Chisholm Trail Jeep Club, they did help out more than a few stranded motorists and 18 wheelers yesterday. And they certainly weren't too modest to post congratulatory remarks (to themselves) to facebook constantly throughout the day.

These guys also wheel illegally almost every evening, so I'm pretty sure they aren't too worried about the lack of front license plates or other issues.

When I was growing up I was taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, then you didnt say anything at all. I suspect, given your Dbag comment, that you are probably just frustrated that someone else is getting attention for doing something good and you are just sorry because you aren't getting attention. Well, I can tell you that your comments like this sill get people talking about you, however not in a good way.

If you really have a beef with "these guys" then post a fact or two and maybe someone will want to listen. Me, I see that "these guys" seem like a bunch of good folks that want to do good things. Personally I would enjoy wheeling with them anytime.

shadow21

Actually the post were spread out through all Texas Clubs giving props to these guys and gals. It was not just them in their club saying congratulatory remarks it was everyone. In fact I know a few of these people and they are good people. Almost every weekend along with NTJC they go out and help if some is stuck or in need of help, doesn't matter when or where they show up with three or four people. So to me they are good people. Remind me where were you in all of this? At home not helping anyone?

Illegal wheeling? If you are talking about the same place Im thinking about the owner has said its okay to be out there. So until you know your facts just keep your trap shut.

Actually I can tell you don't have that southern hospitality so kindly take your ass OUT of Texas.

Thanks in advance
Tommy

JokerJKU

When I was growing up I was taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, then you didnt say anything at all. I suspect, given your Dbag comment, that you are probably just frustrated that someone else is getting attention for doing something good and you are just sorry because you aren't getting attention. Well, I can tell you that your comments like this sill get people talking about you, however not in a good way.

If you really have a beef with "these guys" then post a fact or two and maybe someone will want to listen. Me, I see that "these guys" seem like a bunch of good folks that want to do good things. Personally I would enjoy wheeling with them anytime.

Fact - that group wheels illegal on private land nearly every night. That's enough for me to dislike them and consider them DBags.

We face enough land access challenges from environmental nutjobs in keeping trails open. Providing those same nutjobs with ammunition to fight us through illegal wheeling and destruction of private property isn't something I'm real fond of.

Have fun trespassing on private property, because if you're wheeling with those guys, that's what you'll be doing.

JokerJKU

Actually the post were spread out through all Texas Clubs giving props to these guys and gals. It was not just them in their club saying congratulatory remarks it was everyone. In fact I know a few of these people and they are good people. Almost every weekend along with NTJC they go out and help if some is stuck or in need of help, doesn't matter when or where they show up with three or four people. So to me they are good people. Remind me where were you in all of this? At home not helping anyone?

Illegal wheeling? If you are talking about the same place Im thinking about the owner has said its okay to be out there. So until you know your facts just keep your trap shut.

Actually I can tell you don't have that southern hospitality so kindly take your ass OUT of Texas.

Thanks in advance
Tommy

Actually, I do know who the owner of the land at "360" is as well as the gentleman that the company employs to monitor/maintain it because I do business with them both and regularly hear about all the damage that is done out there. I also know it's posted with No Trespassing signs at every conceivable entrance and that both Fort Worth and Arlington police regularly show up to issue trespassing tickets.

So if you, as many others, have "heard" that the land owner is ok with you being out there, you've actually heard wrong. You aren't the first person to have heard that rumor and probably won't be the last.

You're right, that group does regularly go out to help those that get stuck wheeling illegally, Joey and quite a few others go out nearly every night, good on him, but to act like he respects private property and the rights of property owners is a joke.

Now that this thread has been completely derailed from the original post.

This thread started out showing what the Jeep community does when there is a need. Joker let it go and leave your rant for the what pisses you off thread.

JokerJKU

Now that this thread has been completely derailed from the original post.

This thread started out showing what the Jeep community does when there is a need. Joker let it go and leave your rant for the what pisses you off thread.

Fair enough. Rant off.

To end on a positive note, there were a TON of jeeps out helping people around the DFW area over the last 48 hours. Didn't see any other 4x4 out offering assistance and certainly didn't see any other clubs (am sure there may have been some though I didn't see any). That, in and off itself, is without question a positive thing and paints our community in a positive light.

Fair enough. Rant off.

To end on a positive note, there were a TON of jeeps out helping people around the DFW area over the last 48 hours. Didn't see any other 4x4 out offering assistance and certainly didn't see any other clubs (am sure there may have been some though I didn't see any). That, in and off itself, is without question a positive thing and paints our community in a positive light.

I did see several out as well :thumb:. I am new to the area so still learning the DFW area.

shadow21

Actually, I do know who the owner of the land at "360" is as well as the gentleman that the company employs to monitor/maintain it because I do business with them both and regularly hear about all the damage that is done out there. I also know it's posted with No Trespassing signs at every conceivable entrance and that both Fort Worth and Arlington police regularly show up to issue trespassing tickets.

So if you, as many others, have "heard" that the land owner is ok with you being out there, you've actually heard wrong. You aren't the first person to have heard that rumor and probably won't be the last.

You're right, that group does regularly go out to help those that get stuck wheeling illegally, Joey and quite a few others go out nearly every night, good on him, but to act like he respects private property and the rights of property owners is a joke.

I haven't "heard" but I do have a letter giving consent to wheel there under certain guidelines. Exactly who do you work for? I'll send the head guy a letter and if he responds I can help stop that activity.

I haven't "heard" but I do have a letter giving consent to wheel there under certain guidelines. Exactly who do you work for? I'll send the head guy a letter and if he responds I can help stop that activity.

Let it go and handle this via PM not in public.

Top Bottom