Antifreeze Temp Rating

Can anyone tell me what the antifreeze in my 2011 JK is rated for temperature-wise?

Read the thread on proper coolant but I didn't see any info on ratings.

I'll be driving to Canada on Sunday and the temp was -31F today where I'm headed. I don't have a block heater so I'm hoping that my antifreeze will hold up.

jeeeep

Hooked
I now the HOAT mixed 50/50 is good to -34

If you're worried about it, I'd get an antifreeze flush done before you go

toxicwaste29

I dont know if some would would advise against it but you could drain some of the antifreeze you have now and add more straight antifreeze not premixed. That would lower your freezing point. I would test though with a meter now to be sure what yours is rated for; it could be more closer to -25 or something you just wouldnt know.

I now the HOAT mixed 50/50 is good to -34

If you're worried about it, I'd get an antifreeze flush done before you go

Thanks. I may do exactly that-just for peace of mind.

Not questioning you, just want to know- where did you get that info?

I did a Google and I may not have typed in my query well enough to get the info I was looking for.

Mjay

You'll be fine. Average lows are around -20C there, I live on the other side of the country and we usually get some nasty weather, lows of -35C (-31F) and no one here uses anything special. I run 50/50 no issue.

You'll be fine. Average lows are around -20C there, I live on the other side of the country and we usually get some nasty weather, lows of -35C (-31F) and no one here uses anything special. I run 50/50 no issue.

Great! Thanks for the info!

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks. I may do exactly that-just for peace of mind.

Not questioning you, just want to know- where did you get that info?

I did a Google and I may not have typed in my query well enough to get the info I was looking for.

I used Zerex G05 and it has the specification at 50/50 -34, I had called the dealer to get the info on the Mopar brand before I bought the Zerex and it's the same

Top Bottom