2" Plush ride coils for us 2DR drivers

warnabrother

Any plans to make a full set i.e. front and rear of 2" plush coils..
I know lots of 2DR's don't want OR need the lift given on the 3" coils..

TIA

warnabrother

Welcome to wayalife.

The leveling kit is 2".

thanks.. been lurking here for 1.5 years...

yes, I understand the leveling kit is 2", however I am not interested in spacers for the rear ;)
so basically looking for the front springs out of the leveling kit with some 2" rear springs.. and to run these with 27/28" shocks appropriately bumped of course..

RockyJk

yes, I understand the leveling kit is 2", however I am not interested in spacers for the rear ;)
so basically looking for the front springs out of the leveling kit with some 2" rear springs.. and to run these with 27/28" shocks appropriately bumped of course..

Wouldn't running 2" springs in the rear make your jeep nose dived again? You could throw some 59/60 springs from a 4 door in the rear and can give you a little bit of lift

You could throw some 59/60 springs from a 4 door in the rear and can give you a little bit of lift

With a 27ish" shock spring retainers and/or limit straps would be needed as any stock spring would be too short when free.

I think the desire for an EVO 2ish" rear coil is in hopes that it would have a longer free length. (But don't want to put words in the OP's mouth.)

cmireles

Wouldn't running 2" springs in the rear make your jeep nose dived again? You could throw some 59/60 springs from a 4 door in the rear and can give you a little bit of lift

Sounds like he wants to keep the factory rake. I know I don't mind it at all.

RockyJk

With a 27ish" shock spring retainers and/or limit straps would be needed as any stock spring would be too short when free.

I think the desire for an EVO 2ish" rear coil is in hopes that it would have a longer free length. (But don't want to put words in the OP's mouth.)

Aahh ok that makes sense

Sounds like he wants to keep the factory rake. I know I don't mind it at all.

You may be right

warnabrother

yes.. that is exactly what I (we) want..
2" above stock, plush ride, long free length

the rake doesn't bother me and I imagine would help a little offroad with weight transfer

cmireles

yes.. that is exactly what I (we) want..
2" above stock, plush ride, long free length

the rake doesn't bother me and I imagine would help a little offroad with weight transfer

I just like not sagging while pulling a trailer and such. I hate it when the front is higher than the rear in any case.

jckid

I'm thinking about the 2" plush ride springs as well for my 2-dr. I'm currently running #59 rear springs. If the 2" plush rides lift the front around 2.5", then I'm considering 2" Teraflex coil spacers for the rear or possibly 1.5" rear spacers. My Jeep doesn't have as much rake as most, and I tow as well. If you really want to change rear springs, what about the 1" rear springs that Teraflex makes? You could even combine them with their 1/2" or 1" guide coil spacers. Also, RK makes springs that lift the rear of a 2-dr. about 2".

Last edited:

dannymalkin

I'm also interested in these, I saw a four door get around 2" so hopefully a two door would get higher. Its a long shot but hopefully someone has experience with these springs or the leveling kit in general

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm thinking about the 2" plush ride springs as well for my 2-dr. I'm currently running #59 rear springs. If the 2" plush rides lift the front around 2.5", then I'm considering 2" Teraflex coil spacers for the rear or possibly 1.5" rear spacers. My Jeep doesn't have as much rake as most, and I tow as well. If you really want to change rear springs, what about the 1" rear springs that Teraflex makes? You could even combine them with their 1/2" or 1" guide coil spacers. Also, RK makes springs that lift the rear of a 2-dr. about 2".

Teraflex makes a 1.5" rear coil, too.

notnalc68

I saw on another forum, that EVO will sell the 2" springs from the kit, without the rear spacers, if you call them.

notnalc68

I called EVO. The 2" coils aren't in the vendors catalogs, but they are available. The part # to give a vendor is EVO1074. I have a 2 door & have ordered those & a set of Teraflex 1.5" rear coils & 1/2" front spacers, to hopefully get a true 2" lift, or there about.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I called EVO. The 2" coils aren't in the vendors catalogs, but they are available. The part # to give a vendor is EVO1074. I have a 2 door & have ordered those & a set of Teraflex 1.5" rear coils & 1/2" front spacers, to hopefully get a true 2" lift, or there about.

Lol that is going to ride like complete shit! Good luck with that.

You should have stuck with the EVO kit.

Top Bottom