Need help on lift and tire plan

rallison96

Hey guys im fairly new to jeepin and im hoping to get a lift and tires on my jk in the spring. The plan right now is to get 33x12.5r15 tires (probably hankok m/ts) and the aev 2 inch spacer lift. I then plan on getting bilsteen shocks whenever i can afford them after the tires and lift. I want to get the 2" longer shocks and then get 2" longer springs. Is this possible and does it make sense. Im in college and make minimum wage so im not trying to blow out the bank account but i know jeeps arnt cheap. My jeep is a DD with the occasional trail riding so i dont want to get too crazy and kill my mpg but i want better performance offroad and onnroad. i want more articulation in my suspension but cant afford a 1000 lift on top of 1500 tires and rims. Am i missing anything in my plan? do i need to get anything else with this? I have a 2012 wrangler sport 2 door. Thanks

05Jeeper

I would go with just the spacers along with the wheels and tires. From what it sounds you'll be doing, this should probably be enough.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys im fairly new to jeepin and im hoping to get a lift and tires on my jk in the spring. The plan right now is to get 33x12.5r15 tires (probably hankok m/ts) and the aev 2 inch spacer lift. I then plan on getting bilsteen shocks whenever i can afford them after the tires and lift. I want to get the 2" longer shocks and then get 2" longer springs. Is this possible and does it make sense. Im in college and make minimum wage so im not trying to blow out the bank account but i know jeeps arnt cheap. My jeep is a DD with the occasional trail riding so i dont want to get too crazy and kill my mpg but i want better performance offroad and onnroad. i want more articulation in my suspension but cant afford a 1000 lift on top of 1500 tires and rims. Am i missing anything in my plan? do i need to get anything else with this? I have a 2012 wrangler sport 2 door. Thanks

you don't have any info about your Jeep but as soon as you lift and put on those M/Ts you will kill your mileage.

I'd keep it stock and wheel it as is - just pick good lines when off-road.

a 2" lift isn't going to make so great a difference in performance and may make it worse as you change the suspension.

IMO, you being in college, I'd save my money for future expenses and enjoy your Jeep as it is. :twocents:

jkuone

If you want to to a coil spacer lift check out Rancho, good kits and great prices. Don't waste your money
On AEV ! To expensive.

Kalums

Just to throw it out there alot of guys w/ 2 doors just get good 4 door front and rear springs supposedly gives you about an inch lift and you can get a set (front and rears) for 100$ or so, but I agree with a couple of the others remember your Jeep is quite capable with out a lift and being in college ain't cheap. Believe me, as anyone on here can confirm it is HARD to wait (especially for Jeep mods) but in the long run..... I think you would be happier.

JK LYF

Just to throw it out there alot of guys w/ 2 doors just get good 4 door front and rear springs supposedly gives you about an inch lift and you can get a set (front and rears) for 100$ or so, but I agree with a couple of the others remember your Jeep is quite capable with out a lift and being in college ain't cheap. Believe me, as anyone on here can confirm it is HARD to wait (especially for Jeep mods) but in the long run..... I think you would be happier.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Agreed. Find out what springs you have now. Each spring has a number attached. Then compare the numbers to a 4 door rubicon spring set. If the numbers on the 4 door spring set are higher than what you have (for example 18 front and 59 rear) then you may want to think about swapping the springs. It may give you an inch and a half lift while keeping everything else stock. I placed 18/60 springs on my 2 door and got about 2 inches of lift. If you need to level it out in front put a 3/4 inch spacer above springs. This will give you a clean look with a little extra clearance while keeping everything nearly stock and at an affordable price. You can pick up 4 springs for about 100 bucks. That's what I'm running now until I get my lift. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Rccrwlr

First. Welcome to WayALife. Stop by the give us a wave section and tell us about your rig.

Second you should be able to fit 33" on a minor lift and if the 4 door spring can get you there they can be picked up for cheap

Check this link out for a few basic items as well
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

Enjoy the WAL

Top Bottom