2012 SEMA Hypertec Red 2-Door Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can believe it, Hypertech has finally cracked the programming on 2011 and Up JK's and without having any issues what so ever. From what I'm told, your dealership can't even detect that their units have even been installed. Here are some pics of their JK and programmer...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow, an 11% gain is lotsa bang for the buck. Couple that w/better breathing and exhaust and I'm getting amped to check it out! BTW, that little red display JK is very nice.:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, an 11% gain is lotsa bang for the buck. Couple that w/better breathing and exhaust and I'm getting amped to check it out! BTW, that little red display JK is very nice.:yup:

it's not to shabby. i may have to get one and test it out on our 3.6L. being that we're still running factory 4.10 gears with 37's, i'd like to see how or if it'll help things out.

ariane

Hypertec Programmer JK edition

Sweet ill have to check it out!!

here is part of the email i got from one of there sales rep.

The Interceptor Kit for the 2012 JK will be available by the end of the month. The cost of the product will be $549.99 for part #755006, which includes the Interceptor tuning module, and the Speedometer Calibrator for the JK. If you just want the Interceptor without the calibrator, the price is $359.99.

We do not sell direct from Hypertech. You can order the part through any Hypertech dealer. They should be set up to pre-order from most of our WD’s by Monday next week.

Thanks for your interest!

Hypertech Inc.
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

StrizzyChris

it's not to shabby. i may have to get one and test it out on our 3.6L. being that we're still running factory 4.10 gears with 37's, i'd like to see how or if it'll help things out.

Any plans to do this? Or if you did do it, was it a real 11% increase?

jelliott076

11% is pretty incredible. I'd like to hear how your test goes on Rubicat, though I can't imagine that big beast getting 'Good' gas mileage. The package I'm running, even with the 37's, took me from 12-15mpg to 15 on average and occasionally 17. The RIPP however was not as cheap as the Interceptor. :doh:

dchew

Caught the Bug
Their website now says a gain of 8/5 HP for high octane/reg fuel. Torque is 7/4. If you look at their graph on-line, it is 1-2 HP until above 5000 rpm (above 5800 for reg fuel). So you would have to really wind it up on high octane fuel to get even a 2% improvement.

It does sound like it also changes throttle response, so it may feel different even though the actual gains are pretty modest.

Dave

Last edited:
Top Bottom