Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter driving- Ice and speed don't mix

-

Winter driving- Ice and speed don't mix

Just had this video passed to me and felt the need to share it since I've been running a lot of ice and snow covered roads this past week. As you watch this video keep in mind that it could've been avoided simply by slowing down. http://fbcdn-video-b-a.akamaihd.net/...2cf272ff2c88a6

Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    Just had this video passed to me and felt the need to share it since I've been running a lot of ice and snow covered roads this past week. As you watch this video keep in mind that it could've been avoided simply by slowing down. http://fbcdn-video-b-a.akamaihd.net/...2cf272ff2c88a6
    It's truly horrifying how many people just keep crashing!
    I post therefore I am!!!!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!

But I have 4 wheel drive!!!

But seriously- that is scary.. I hope people were okay.. Do you know where that was?

-
    Quote Originally Posted by David1tontj View Post

But seriously- that is scary.. I hope people were okay.. Do you know where that was?
    Wish I knew. I thought it was the big one they had in Missouri over the weekend but I just compared pics and it's not the same. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425361548.651360.jpg

-
    Probably the part that turns my stomach the most is that even though you couldn't see the vehicles you could still HEAR them crashing one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    Wish I knew. I thought it was the big one they had in Missouri over the weekend but I just compared pics and it's not the same. [CH]
    You know- I don't think I'm invincible in The snow, but I do air down my tires super low when around town, and it really does help me stop better. Still just scary how reckless people can be.

Somewhere in Michigan
    I post therefore I am!!!!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!

-
    You know- I don't think I'm invincible in The snow, but I do air down my tires super low when around town, and it really does help me stop better. Still just scary how reckless people can be.
    And the thing is people think snow and ice is the same from one region to another. It truly isn't.

Wow. They were all driving pretty fast in those conditions.

Funny story...

13 years ago while I was in college, I had a 2WD F250. It had a 6" lift running 35" tires, no locker. That thing took me everywhere I wanted to go, yet, all of my wheeling buddies always gave me a hard time for having only 2WD. One of those hecklers bought himself a brand new Toyota Tacoma TRD. It had every bell and whistle including, wait for it, 4WD. Within the first week of ownership, a group of us decided on taking a trip up the mountains during a snow storm (not one of our smarter ideas!) and I rode with him. Anyways, we finished up our trip and had just got back on pavement. However, the pavement had about a 1/2" of snow on it and was slick as hell. Well, my buddy looks at me and says, "this is why you need four wheel drive!" Simultaneously as he says this, he steps on the gas. Well, the back end slid right out from under him, we turned 90° to the road and crashed into the mountain wall followed by rolling 1-1/2 times.

His truck was less than one week old and had less than 600mi on the odometer.

Like said many times above, just slow down!
    2014 Unlimited Rubicon
    Mauser's Build Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast