2015 Wrangler traction control/BAS to intrusive

OJK12

Anyone else here try out their 2015 wrangler offroad in 4hi and find the traction control/BAS too invasive? Recently me and a buddy who both have rubicons (his is a '15 hard rock stick mine a '15 ruby auto) were playing in his back yard with deep snow and neither of us can get the wrangler to slide or do a doughnut with the traction control button off. What's weird is he was trying to go up a slight grade in his yard in 4hi traction control off and his foot to the floor and the wrangler decided he was out of control and he stalled it?! Foot to the floor going in a straight line?! We never had any issues with our '12's or '13's doing this and his old TJ had no problems climbing the same hill our JKs would almost get stuck trying. I know the '15's had some changes done to the system and so far I'm not digging the changes, my '12 was never this invasive.

Christarp

my '07 is this intrusive. Cut the wire and splice in a simple on/off switch. I can't remember exactly which blue/purple wire it is, but check out the ESP kill switch write ups that are everywhere, then you'll have truly no traction control and ESP

MrHooah04

07 here. TC off works wonders for me. Can spin donuts all day long..I have a first 6 mo gen JK though. Not sure if that would make a difference

seanb123

Just to let you know that traction control has a partial off and a full off. The full off requires holding the button for 5 seconds

OJK12

Just to let you know that traction control has a partial off and a full off. The full off requires holding the button for 5 seconds

Is this for the new '15's? I had a '12 with a true trac and with the traction control button on I could spin doughnuts and slide all day long.

Christarp

Even the "full off" isn't actually full off. It's still obtrusive.

i dont think partial off even does anything except light up the light tbh...

xrocknrollx

Even the "full off" isn't actually full off. It's still obtrusive.

i dont think partial off even does anything except light up the light tbh...

It the same on 14s, I can spin the tires all I want with tc off but as soon as it thinks I'm going sideways I cannot do a thing. I have not had a problem with steering wheel straight and tires spinning in 4wd, it's only if the wheel is not at center that it takes over.

OJK12

It the same on 14s, I can spin the tires all I want with tc off but as soon as it thinks I'm going sideways I cannot do a thing. I have not had a problem with steering wheel straight and tires spinning in 4wd, it's only if the wheel is not at center that it takes over.

This is how my '12 worked but I can't even get my '15 to start into a slide before it pulls the gas feed and corrects itself. I'll give the holding the button for 5 sec. A try see if anything changes.

gburkett

I have to hold the button for 15-20 seconds for it to turn off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

Im not bragging or anything, but as a subaru owner sliding around at 60+ mph in snow an no traction control is a blast....
Now that said, coming to a JK its absolutely pathetic that even when your TURN OFF traction control, JEEP thinks your too stupid or incompetent to handle it when it goes sideways.
Granted it will still let you get sideways an do mild donuts, but its not truly off completely. This crap is meant for the soccer mom who has no clue what she is doing.
I gotta do that cut an splice thing quick cause it ruins winter driving for me.:mad:

CastleRockJeep

Im not bragging or anything, but as a subaru owner sliding around at 60+ mph in snow an no traction control is a blast

As a former Subaru owner, I had an 09 STI and my wife had an 05 Legacy GT, I cannot deny they were fun in the snow however we had horrible luck with reliability. Needless to say I'm glad they are gone!

As far as the traction control on my JK I too find it way to intrusive, big brother only allowing a bit of fun. I don't think I can justify cutting wires on the system though.

Wethy

This is how my '12 worked but I can't even get my '15 to start into a slide before it pulls the gas feed and corrects itself. I'll give the holding the button for 5 sec. A try see if anything changes.

Cant turn it totally off but in 4hi with the ebrake up trans in neutral/park if you hold the button itll ding and turn off and say ESC OFF like in 4low then it is completely off

Edit: they did a compyter update in some of the later models that wont allow you to turn tcs off in 2wheel drive. I just pulled the J6 and have been happy as a clam since you do lose cruise and abs though. But i drove without abs so its no biggie in my book

Last edited:

Recurve

As a former Subaru owner, I had an 09 STI and my wife had an 05 Legacy GT, I cannot deny they were fun in the snow however we had horrible luck with reliability. Needless to say I'm glad they are gone!

As far as the traction control on my JK I too find it way to intrusive, big brother only allowing a bit of fun. I don't think I can justify cutting wires on the system though.

That's funny , I never had one problem with my 03 impreza wagon , thing was bomb proof.. Anyways I could write a whole page of the little problems I've had with my jk . Just keep it short, I'm opposite of you . Awesome reliability with Subaru, Chrysler not so much.
That said , I love my jeep an will take the little problems it has cause it's such a unique rig.
Still , I want traction control off damn it lol

jknikos

From experience i think when you do 'full' esp off in 4hi the bld comes in life as it does when you select 4low. :thinking:

toxicwaste29

When you pull the fuse for tc I believe the light stays on. There is a procedure for turning it off completely however some have luck and others don't.

Top Bottom