Spiderweb shades review

Brankz

So I'm thinking in buying the spider webs tomorrow, but before I like to know of is worth the money
Also do you feel the wind when driving topless with the webs on?

Fitzbsly

One of the best mods I've made!! These things are super easy to install, no noise and keeps the UV Rays out. With out a doubt worth every penny.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425532319.276178.jpg

spinuck

Am I the only one whose spiderweb shade sags with the hard top on? I try to tighten down the bungie things but still find my head rubbing the shade at times (I'm only 6 foot). after summer, it's definitely coming off for the winter.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Am I the only one whose spiderweb shade sags with the hard top on? I try to tighten down the bungie things but still find my head rubbing the shade at times (I'm only 6 foot). after summer, it's definitely coming off for the winter.

Mine sags too. I'm not quite 6ft so it doesn't bother me so I haven't thought of a solution...

Brankz, if you get it make sure to put two bolts through the shade where the hard top screws go. Use wing nuts to secure them as it'll be easier to take off if needed. That'll help with most of the flapping when topless.

BTW here is a picture of the shade.

DSCF5047_zps7b449b82.jpg

Last edited:

Brankz

Mine sags too. I'm not quite 6ft so it doesn't bother me so I haven't thought of a solution...

Brankz, if you get it make sure to put two bolts through the shade where the hard top screws go. Use wing nuts to secure them as it'll be easier to take off if needed. That'll help with most of the flapping when topless.

BTW here is a picture of the shade.

View attachment 128754

👍 buying it tomorrow morning
What's the best place to get it?

SFNick

So I'm thinking in buying the spider webs tomorrow, but before I like to know of is worth the money
Also do you feel the wind when driving topless with the webs on?

Check out the VDP KoolBreeze I like it better than my Spider web shade purely because it provides more headroom. They also have different designs you can get.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425538175.123336.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425538182.235179.jpg

SFNick

You will also need to get a Bestop or Rampage Windshield Channel to install it. Keeps it nice and tight.

Lil Nasty

I like the american flag one, but you can't leave that on with a hardtop/softop on can you?

That's one negative aspect, but I find the spiderweb shade too difficult to leave on with the hard to also. The reason i like the spiderweb is how simple it is to take off, put on and easier to store because it doesn't use a header bar.

SFNick

I like the american flag one, but you can't leave that on with a hardtop/softop on can you?

That's one downside to it. I haven't tried it but If you have a Bestop soft top that already uses their header bar I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I don't think it would work with the factory hardtop or soft top.

RockyJk

That's one negative aspect, but I find the spiderweb shade too difficult to leave on with the hard to also. The reason i like the spiderweb is how simple it is to take off, put on and easier to store because it doesn't use a header bar.

Yea I had a spiderweb shade on my 2 door with a softtop it wasn't bad

We have SW shades on both our Jeeps and love them.

Beyond the shade they are a nice safety feature too. I tapped a dead sapling with my front tire and didn't know a large portion broke over-head. The broken part ended up turning into a spear and was stopped by the shade right above my son's head. :shock:

BadApple

I love mine its gonna be my only top soon. My trektop is goin in the garage and I wont see it again till cooler months.

Attachments

• 1425561131407.jpg
    1425561131407.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 377
Top Bottom