Winter tires..??

JeepPilot

What are those who deal with a lot of snow and ice running for tires? I've got 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on mine and they've proven to be great on the trail. They're slippery as a greased up watermelon on ice though. Anyone got a better solution?

I have 35" BFG KM2's they were like driving on hockey pucks on the ice and snow until I took them in to have them siped. Huge difference. My next shoe purchase will have a tire with a snow rating.

The wife's Jeep has Goodyear Duratracs and they have been great. They are also stud-able.

~35" is as big as they go though :crazyeyes: Goodyear is missing a huge market by not going one size larger with this tire...

JeepPilot

There just has to be something on these key that gets good performance on snow, trail, and asphalt....that still fits my jeep! Can't be rolling around looking like a roller skate!

Kalums

I've got the duratracs also, I don't live in the snow but have taken them up to Flagstaff multiple times this winter and they worked surprisingly well, even in 3-6 inches of snow on a dirt forest road with ice underneath, they gave me the traction I needed. No problem. :thumbs up:

Edit: just saw you are running 37s sorry about that, yea they only make duratracs up to 35...😕

Last edited:
Top Bottom