Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Stock Diff Cover Bolts

  1. #1
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,107

    Stock Diff Cover Bolts

    I have a few that are scraped too bad to get a wrench on. Anyone Bay Area have a handful I can have? If not, anyone know what size I should look for?

    I thought about aftermarket covers, but I'm not totally sold on them...

  2. #2
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    32,810
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    I have a few that are scraped too bad to get a wrench on. Anyone Bay Area have a handful I can have? If not, anyone know what size I should look for?

    I thought about aftermarket covers, but I'm not totally sold on them...
    You can put a socket on it and pound it on.

    If this thread was posted a couple months ago I would have taken them off my old axle before I scraped it.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  3. #3
    -
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    I have a few that are scraped too bad to get a wrench on. Anyone Bay Area have a handful I can have? If not, anyone know what size I should look for?

    I thought about aftermarket covers, but I'm not totally sold on them...
    I will assume they are all the same size - I might have some in the garage and can ship them to you, I will go check after my morning meetings

  4. #4
    The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs
    Posts
    11,565
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    I have a few that are scraped too bad to get a wrench on. Anyone Bay Area have a handful I can have? If not, anyone know what size I should look for?

    I thought about aftermarket covers, but I'm not totally sold on them...
    Take one to Home Depot and match it up. It's a standard thread pitch
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,107
    Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Take one to Home Depot and match it up. It's a standard thread pitch
    This is safe to do? I wasn't sure and wanted to check before I ended up the in "Dumb A$$" thread....

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,107
    Quote Originally Posted by branman View Post
    I will assume they are all the same size - I might have some in the garage and can ship them to you, I will go check after my morning meetings
    It's off a Dana 44 stock axle, I assume they are all the same.

  7. #7
    Hooked Yeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    149
    I have some you can have if you haven't found any yet...

  8. #8
    The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs
    Posts
    11,565
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    This is safe to do? I wasn't sure and wanted to check before I ended up the in "Dumb A$$" thread....
    Yep, it won't hurt a thing. Just get the correct length.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,107
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You can put a socket on it and pound it on.

    If this thread was posted a couple months ago I would have taken them off my old axle before I scraped it.
    I appreciate it, I got them out with an extractor but ruined them in the process.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS