A warm welcome from sunny South Africa

atrollip

Hi to the WAL team!
Below is photos of Beasty my JK Sahara 2.8 CRD. Very standard from dealership but super excited to start building her up. First I want her wrapped because black is not the best colour for off roading, then definitely tyres because her package came with highway terrain tyres, Lol (not so appropriate). Iv only been on a off roading course, one eco trail and the Koppie (photo below) behind our house which requires a little skill to get up.

Attachments

• 1425587087032.jpg
    1425587087032.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1425587181606.jpg
    1425587181606.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 53

Redmow

Greetings!:beer:

Do you have friends with offroad vehicles? If you are a beginner, I would recommend never going alone. I can only speak about myself...I'm glad I have an experienced friend that trained me up. I would have either flipped the Jeep or not learned it's potential adequately...and it's limits.

Take care and get ready for the sucking noise coming from your wallet.:brows:

atrollip

Unfortunately not really any friends around that are in to off roading, but il find a group around I'm sure. There's plenty of unchartered territory around where we stay. Our first trip is in two weeks time to Namibia 10 days of mild offroading and dunes experience. Super excited:D

Redmow

Well, watch plenty of videos then. I have learned alot from watching videos too.

I'm super envious that you have such a trip coming up. That sounds wonderful.:thumb:

atrollip

Ta, I'm already hooked on all the awesome vid's available "Northwest Pacific" video was amazing. Any who I can't help feel a little jealous that I'm not living in America where wranglers get given the respect they deserve I continously have to contend against the Toyota Hilux fans. Eishhh they ain't know what they missing. Lol!:rolleyes::

Top Bottom