16k miles 2yr old warranty refused

Aldonoward3

I purchased my JKU Sport Auto in 2013 on April 20th. The jeep is a weekend warrior at best as I have a company truck to do with as I please. The jeep has 15,600 miles on it and after a recent wheeling trip two days later the transmission will not allow me to go over 30-35 without giving out.... I have to shift into neutral, slow down to below 20ish and then shift back into drive...

I have a 3.5" lift, Bfg 35"km2s and some auxilary lights.

The dealer said they found transmission fluid with clutch material in it.... The tranny wasn't broken, damaged from the exterior, or filled with water or mud.

Recap...

Not even two years old, under 16k miles, bought new and no gearing or driveline mods...

They will not warranty....

Im aware that an arbitration agreement was signed, however, I have contacted my lawyer regarding the matter and will be following up with Chysler Corp via the corporate rep. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425703981.885017.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
that's the problem with dealers, they can refuse to do warranty work and just say it's because of your mods - they don't have to prove it, you have to prove it wasn't.

That's why I won't buy Mopar aftermarket parts either, they are all labeled "P", performance upgrades and you sign away any warranty work as soon as you install it.

it may take awhile to get it resolved... good luck

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...WILL-VOID-Your-Warranty-if-You-Lift-Your-Jeep

Unfortunately the dealers can be kind weird like it.

I try and build a relationship with the service manager of my local dealership so when something comes up they know who I am. Do this I take my Jeep in for service and not just warranty work.

wayoflife did a write up somewhere here about his dealing with one of his Jeeps and a dealership in Southern California. It might be well worth the read to see what came out of it and possibly give you some insight on what might be to come.

R/
Will

RjSkippy

Was your dealer mod-friendly and did they install the lift kit? Was told if the dealer installs it won't effect warranty. But it may not guarantee anything unless its in writing, I read another post about someone having warranty issues with a Mopar CAI. Keep us posted on the outcome want to have an idea what downfalls are out there as I start mod-ing my rig. Good luck!

Aldonoward3

Was your dealer mod-friendly and did they install the lift kit? Was told if the dealer installs it won't effect warranty. But it may not guarantee anything unless its in writing, I read another post about someone having warranty issues with a Mopar CAI. Keep us posted on the outcome want to have an idea what downfalls are out there as I start mod-ing my rig. Good luck!

The dealer did not instal the lift but they even said my lift only voided my suspension warranty. Idc about that.

The issue is with the engine light coming on and me getting "improper gear ratio" code popping up via OBDII... This isn't on me and if I spend 6 months to a year in court, they WILL repair the vehicle.

toxicwaste29

Did you reflash the computer to your current gears and tires with a procal or something. Sounds like it might be going into limp mode. The issues with your tranny could maybe just be something made up to not work on it

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
The dealer did not instal the lift but they even said my lift only voided my suspension warranty. Idc about that.

The issue is with the engine light coming on and me getting "improper gear ratio" code popping up via OBDII... This isn't on me and if I spend 6 months to a year in court, they WILL repair the vehicle.

X2 on flashing for the 35s. This will cause the automatic tranny to kinda freak out.

ohioviper

Yep you have to flash the gear ratio with a procal or similar or you will have shit tons of problems with shift points and ABS ECT.

Top Bottom