Electrical trouble shooting request for help

Jeep du Boy

Hey all,
2011 Mango Tango JKU. Bought her in Oct of 2010. I plugged Christmas lights into the AC plug that Christmas to cheer up my daughter when she wasn't feeling good, and they have been running ever since (red white and blue during the summer).

Christmas this year, set the wreath up on the spare tire, connect the lights all around (LED's pulling 4Watts) and they wont turn on. Replace breakers and the immediately pop as well.

I have no idea how to even start to trouble shoot this. The dealer said just the trouble shoot charge would be $110 and frankly I do not have the money for that.

As stated, I have no clue where to start, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Beat Navy.
Swanny

Kalums

Some of the JKUs have a seperate fuse on the inverter itself. The one I played with in my buddies 2010 was under the driver's seat ( atleast I think it was, but neither he or I could tell if it was factory or after market, it was put in well either way) but he ended up having a worn out inverter, so we just replaced it with a bigger (more wattage) unit. We found one relatively cheap @ Frys Electronics.

Peej

Have you checked the Christmas lights in the house to make sure they aren't the problem and not the inverter?

Jeep du Boy

replies

Folks, first thing i did was try the lights elsewhere and no issues. I tried other new LED lights and still failed.

I tried a margarita blender- no go. Had to drink it on the rocks
Hair dryer- nope.
Vintage Steely Dan - no. really disappointed with that :(
2 Watt night lite - fail

Will check connections under the seat. To check the inverter did you need to remove the seat?

toxicwaste29

Sounds like something is causing it to pull to many amps which blows the fuse. Does the fuse blow with nothing even plugged in?

Peej

Sounds like it might be in the inverter, maybe you better have another margarita before you price a new one.

Top Bottom