Anyone running the Ace Pro Series Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier?

eddy

Looking for a good overlanding tire carrier. I came across the Ace, and would like to know if anyone has any info on this unit?

xkid

No I don't have it, but what are you looking for in a overlanding tire carrier?

Yeep

Looking for a good overlanding tire carrier. I came across the Ace, and would like to know if anyone has any info on this unit?

I have one... It's solid and I have no complaints

Only thing I wish It had was a place to mount a rotopax

eddy

No I don't have it, but what are you looking for in a overlanding tire carrier?

I'm looking for a solid unit that won't rattle much, and will hold up a 37" tire plus extra fuel, and possibly an extra rack on top. I like the ease of opening both tail gate and tire carrier, and the price of $935 is attractive too.

xkid

Supposedly for overlanding you are trying to keep the weight down. Better gas mileage. I have a AEV rear tire carrier with the stock bumper. It carries a 37.

eddy

Supposedly for overlanding you are trying to keep the weight down. Better gas mileage. I have a AEV rear tire carrier with the stock bumper. It carries a 37.

I have been looking at the AEV. Can the carrier alone be installed without the bumper?

Davwashere

I've had my ace rear number for 2 years now and have not experienced any rattles. I would recommend it. As for overlanding, I don't think it was designed for putting a bunch of accessories on it.

Beyrgut

I run the bumper and overall very pleased with it. Last year I added the slant mount and aside from it being a real bitch to get the tire mounted by yourself it's not bad. It looks like they make a hi-lift option now that could probably be tweaked to be used as a jerry can mount, or a reference to make your own since it just bolts to the star/gear shaped holes. The only real gotcha was lead time, I think Northridge and a few other stock them now so you may not get the 6-8 week build/shipping time.

Slant rear
Ace-Slant-10x6.jpg

Regular rear
DSC00962-8x6.jpg

Last edited:

Yeep

I run the bumper and overall very pleased with it. Last year I added the slant mount and aside from it being a real bitch to get the tire mounted by yourself it's not bad. It looks like they make a hi-lift option now that could probably be tweaked to be used as a jerry can mount, or a reference to make your own since it just bolts to the star/gear shaped holes. The only real gotcha was lead time, I think Northridge and a few other stock them now so you may not get the 6-8 week build/shipping time.

Slant rear
View attachment 129729

Regular rear
View attachment 129730

They make a jerry can mount now that bolts in where the high lift mount goes

ROLOJK

They make a jerry can mount now that bolts in where the high lift mount goes

Thumps up!! I just finished installing mine this past weekend. It's pretty solid and no rattles so far, very nice looking bumper/tire carrier..and it holds a 37" pretty good..

Top Bottom