Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Flying Dutchmen!

Sweet lift, I'm sure your going to love it! Looks like the install was pretty straight forward. Let us know how it rides!
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Sweet lift, I'm sure your going to love it! Looks like the install was pretty straight forward. Let us know how it rides!
    Will do. It's in need of a serious alignment! Haha other then that no issues so far,

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilson View Post
    Love your placement. Where did you end up putting the CB?
    I mounted the CB under the glovebox. I ran the wires through the passenger side firewall to the battery. Pretty easy install.
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL Build Thread

I mounted the CB under the glovebox. I ran the wires through the passenger side firewall to the battery. Pretty easy install.
    Can you post a pic of it? Also how did you run your antenna wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilson View Post
    Can you post a pic of it? Also how did you run your antenna wire?
    As mentioned, I mounted the actual CB under the Glove box

IMG_1532.jpg

I actually zip tied it in place rather than drilling holes. No issues, its on there nice and solid.

I ran the wires under the dash and through the passenger side firewall

IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg

I ran the antenna coax cable down the passenger side, under the BedTread and plastic trim, under the passenger side cargo carpet following the wiring harness that goes to the tail lights. I then routed it under the plastic trim and through the tailgate trim piece. This way there were no wire sticking out of anywhere and it gives me a clean look.

IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg

BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL Build Thread

From the tailgate, I routed the coax around through the vent in the tailgate, through a corner of the EVO Gateplate and up to the antenna.

IMG_1526.jpg

Once I routed my license plate/3rd brake light in, I had 2 wires sticking out of the same corner, so I cleaned up the look a little with some wire loom cover I had left over from my windshield lights. I picked it up at Lowes for like 5 bucks for 12 feet or something like that.

You can see it in these pics here:

SAM_2272.jpgIMG_1652.jpg

I used a Cool Tec mount for the handmike. I love that it doesn't take up much space in the cab and it looks real clean.

Hope this helps some!

BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL Build Thread

From the tailgate, I routed the coax around through the vent in the tailgate, through a corner of the EVO Gateplate and up to the antenna.

IMG_1526.jpg

Once I routed my license plate/3rd brake light in, I had 2 wires sticking out of the same corner, so I cleaned up the look a little with some wire loom cover I had left over from my windshield lights. I picked it up at Lowes for like 5 bucks for 12 feet or something like that.

You can see it in these pics here:

SAM_2272.jpgIMG_1652.jpg

I used a Cool Tec mount for the handmike. I love that it doesn't take up much space in the cab and it looks real clean.

Hope this helps some!
    Awesome instructions! Thanks man. That'll be my next project.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427189405.239227.jpg

Finally put on my wayalife window sticker.

Nice build Jake. I love my 4" Enforcer lift! It performs great on the trail and on the road.

I also am running the little Cobra 75 and have it mounted similar to how AllAmericanInfidel has his. I don't get much range on mine although I tuned the SWR to a good number. The range is pretty much line of site depending on the terrain but it works good and I love the compactness of it.
    The ANIMAL Build Thread

2012 JKUR 6 spd Manual; 5.13 gears; 4:1, CRUSH

Done so far: Pro Comp 17x9 wheels, 37" NITTO Trail Grapplers, EVO Enforcer 4" Lift, 2.5 Spec. King Shocks/Compression Adjusters, 5.13 Gears, RR Aluminum Billet Hood Latches, Truck-Lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually LEDs, Cobra 75 CB, Wild Boar Roof Rack, Tom Woods 1310 Front Drive shaft

Quote Originally Posted by JKAnimal View Post
    Nice build Jake. I love my 4" Enforcer lift! It performs great on the trail and on the road.

I also am running the little Cobra 75 and have it mounted similar to how AllAmericanInfidel has his. I don't get much range on mine although I tuned the SWR to a good number. The range is pretty much line of site depending on the terrain but it works good and I love the compactness of it.
    Yea that's the only thing I am worried about when it comes to the 75. I'll be going on a lot of trips with my wife and I was going to use it to tune into some trucker frequencies to get info about future traffic. If that makes any sense. Also, with it being in your glove box are you able to access it to tune it to different stations?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast