Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: The Flying Dutchmen!

  1. #21
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Update on the bumper. Got it cut down and cleaned. Now I am starting on the liner. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427226686.207870.jpg

  2. #22
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Installed my Cobra 29 CB radio with a 4' Firestick Antenna. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430464143.278773.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430464156.422058.jpg

  3. #23
    Caught the Bug Kyle09Rubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Winterville, NC
    Posts
    80
    Is your track bar installed in the stock location with your drag link flip?

  4. #24
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle09Rubi View Post
    Is your track bar installed in the stock location with your drag link flip?
    I'm not 100% sure what your asking. The drag link flip is in its factory location. The only thing different is the hole was bored out to 3/4" for the drag link flip to be installed. As for the track bar, yes it is also in the factory location.

  5. #25
    Hooked Big b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Social Circle, Georgia
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilson View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what your asking. The drag link flip is in its factory location. The only thing different is the hole was bored out to 3/4" for the drag link flip to be installed. As for the track bar, yes it is also in the factory location.
    He's asking because with a draglink flip you should raise the track bar up to stay parallel with the draglink. That's the purpose of the flip to correct geometry after a lift.

  6. #26
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Big b View Post
    He's asking because with a draglink flip you should raise the track bar up to stay parallel with the draglink. That's the purpose of the flip to correct geometry after a lift.
    Oh I see. So I need to order a track bar relocation bracket?

  7. #27
    Hooked Big b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Social Circle, Georgia
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilson View Post
    Oh I see. So I need to order a track bar relocation bracket?
    That's correct.

  8. #28
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Big b View Post
    That's correct.
    Well I'll look into that. Thanks for the info. I had no idea.

  9. #29
    Caught the Bug Kyle09Rubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Winterville, NC
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilson View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what your asking. The drag link flip is in its factory location. The only thing different is the hole was bored out to 3/4" for the drag link flip to be installed. As for the track bar, yes it is also in the factory location.
    Big B covered it perfectly. I was just making sure that I wasn't missing anything in the pictures or a later part of your install. You definitely want to look at raising your track bar along with the drag link flip. I'm not entirely sure if you can source the EVO bracket by itself but I know Synergy sells theirs separately.

  10. #30
    Been Around the Block Jake Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle09Rubi View Post
    Big B covered it perfectly. I was just making sure that I wasn't missing anything in the pictures or a later part of your install. You definitely want to look at raising your track bar along with the drag link flip. I'm not entirely sure if you can source the EVO bracket by itself but I know Synergy sells theirs separately.
    Yea I saw the synergy ones. I may just call EVO and see if they can ship me one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS