The Flying Dutchmen!

Jake Wilson

Hey guys so I recently bought a 2012 JKU. I thought I was saving some money because it has a 4in Pro Comp Short Arm lift...:banghead: However, you fine gentlemen have shown me and educated me in the ways of a correct lift. That being said I am just going to redo everything. So this will be the official start of my build.

Modifications: (Once I purchase them I will BOLD them)
EVO MFG ENFORCER
EVO 1/4 Pounder
EVO Rock Sliders
Bushwacker Flat Fenders
EVO Skid plates and Armor
EVO Side Rock Skins
EVO Rear Rock Skins
EVO Tire Carrier
Adams Front 1310 Drive Shaft
Adams Rear 1350 Drive Shaft
Pro Rock 60's Front and Rear
Truck Lite Headlights
KC LED Spot lights
Warn Zeon 10s Winch
Cobra 29 with 4' Firestick Antenna
Trek Armor Seat Covers
Nitto 37" Trail Grapplers
ATX Beadlock Slabs 17"
More to follow I am sure :blush: image1.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Good looking rig! Nice parts list as well! I just installed the Cobra 75, I like that its a really clean setup inside. If you are still undecided on a CB, might want to check it out.

Jake Wilson

Good looking rig! Nice parts list as well! I just installed the Cobra 75, I like that its a really clean setup inside. If you are still undecided on a CB, might want to check it out.

Yea I think I am gonna go with a Cobra. I'll definitely check yours out. What antenna are you running?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I did the Cobra 75
SAM_2290.jpg

with the 4' Firestick on a Full Metal Fabworks center antenna mount
SAM_2271.jpg

On another note, I just noticed your on Oahu. How do you like it? I'll be moving there around early/mid next year.

Jake Wilson

Ok gals and gents!

This weekend with the help of some friends I was able to install my EVO Enforcer 4" with King 2.0 spec shocks, Adams Front Drive Shaft, Drag Link Flip Kit and I was able to start on my homemade front stubby bumper.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100335.204884.jpg

Got the Coils and Shocks removed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100429.463899.jpg

Drilling the hole for the new bump stop

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100477.744001.jpg

Boring out the hole for the Drag Link Flip Kit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100529.294454.jpg

Got the Drag Link Flip installed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100559.774320.jpg

Got the stock drive shaft off. (Forgot to take a pic of the Adams on. I'll do that tomorrow.)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100627.738009.jpg

Getting started on the rear

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100669.475153.jpg

I got the rear coils and shocks in place as well as the steel brake lines.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427100729.001266.jpg

Starting on my homemade front bumper. (More pics on that to follow)

I will get the before and after pics up tomorrow as well as the pics of the new Adams Drive Shaft.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Can you post a pic of it? Also how did you run your antenna wire?

As mentioned, I mounted the actual CB under the Glove box

IMG_1532.jpg

I actually zip tied it in place rather than drilling holes. No issues, its on there nice and solid.

I ran the wires under the dash and through the passenger side firewall

IMG_1536.jpg
IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1539.jpg
IMG_1541.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg

I ran the antenna coax cable down the passenger side, under the BedTread and plastic trim, under the passenger side cargo carpet following the wiring harness that goes to the tail lights. I then routed it under the plastic trim and through the tailgate trim piece. This way there were no wire sticking out of anywhere and it gives me a clean look.

IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1527.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
From the tailgate, I routed the coax around through the vent in the tailgate, through a corner of the EVO Gateplate and up to the antenna.

IMG_1526.jpg

Once I routed my license plate/3rd brake light in, I had 2 wires sticking out of the same corner, so I cleaned up the look a little with some wire loom cover I had left over from my windshield lights. I picked it up at Lowes for like 5 bucks for 12 feet or something like that.

You can see it in these pics here:

SAM_2272.jpg IMG_1652.jpg

I used a Cool Tec mount for the handmike. I love that it doesn't take up much space in the cab and it looks real clean.

Hope this helps some!

Jake Wilson

From the tailgate, I routed the coax around through the vent in the tailgate, through a corner of the EVO Gateplate and up to the antenna.

View attachment 132830

Once I routed my license plate/3rd brake light in, I had 2 wires sticking out of the same corner, so I cleaned up the look a little with some wire loom cover I had left over from my windshield lights. I picked it up at Lowes for like 5 bucks for 12 feet or something like that.

You can see it in these pics here:

View attachment 132831 View attachment 132832

I used a Cool Tec mount for the handmike. I love that it doesn't take up much space in the cab and it looks real clean.

Hope this helps some!

Awesome instructions! Thanks man. That'll be my next project.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Nice build Jake. I love my 4" Enforcer lift! It performs great on the trail and on the road.

I also am running the little Cobra 75 and have it mounted similar to how AllAmericanInfidel has his. I don't get much range on mine although I tuned the SWR to a good number. The range is pretty much line of site depending on the terrain but it works good and I love the compactness of it.

Jake Wilson

Nice build Jake. I love my 4" Enforcer lift! It performs great on the trail and on the road.

I also am running the little Cobra 75 and have it mounted similar to how AllAmericanInfidel has his. I don't get much range on mine although I tuned the SWR to a good number. The range is pretty much line of site depending on the terrain but it works good and I love the compactness of it.

Yea that's the only thing I am worried about when it comes to the 75. I'll be going on a lot of trips with my wife and I was going to use it to tune into some trucker frequencies to get info about future traffic. If that makes any sense. Also, with it being in your glove box are you able to access it to tune it to different stations?

Top Bottom