Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50q ARB fridge

50q ARB fridge

I just pulled the trigger on one today. If anyone could give me some tips on how it works and if there's anything I need to watch out for. Will it run when the jeep is off? Is a single battery enough? How do most people tie it down? Thanks in advance.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on one today. If anyone could give me some tips on how it works and if there's anything I need to watch out for. Will it run when the jeep is off? Is a single battery enough? How do most people tie it down? Thanks in advance.
    Plug it in, turn it on, set desired temp, enjoy frosty beverge of your choice, never buy cooler ice again, wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

It will run if Jeep is off, one battery should be fine (that's what I have), it has a built in battery save device, though I will say my wife's batter died with it plugged in.

Tie down straps work fine. ARB makes nice ones that look better.

en hopup veritas

One of the best mods for a JK. I love my 50qt. Have it set at 29 degrees! Keeps everything nice and cold. I built a platform for mine that goes on the drivers side back seat. I mounted the ARB straps to the platform to hold it down secure and level. Here's a pic without the straps mounted.

20140304_003036442_iOS.jpg

Do you guys run a direct wire from the battery or can I use the plug in the back by the sub woofer. I do have a deep cell single battery if that make a difference.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Do you guys run a direct wire from the battery or can I use the plug in the back by the sub woofer. I do have a deep cell single battery if that make a difference.
    The plug by the sub woofer should work fine although you might have to set the battery sensor on the fridge to low. I ran 12 AWG wire from the battery to an outlet mounted close to the subwoofer and have had no issues.

Mine didn't work right in that plug. I use the center console one. However, I plan to add a dedicated plug wired direct to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Mine didn't work right in that plug. I use the center console one. However, I plan to add a dedicated plug wired direct to the battery.
    Thanks for confirming! I wondered if the rear plug would be an issue.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    ARB makes a really nice one.

I bought a plug from the truck stop, seems to be working just fine for $20.00!
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Thanks for confirming! I wondered if the rear plug would be an issue.
    It's crap, first bump and it shuts off.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast