50q ARB fridge

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I just pulled the trigger on one today. If anyone could give me some tips on how it works and if there's anything I need to watch out for. Will it run when the jeep is off? Is a single battery enough? How do most people tie it down? Thanks in advance.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just pulled the trigger on one today. If anyone could give me some tips on how it works and if there's anything I need to watch out for. Will it run when the jeep is off? Is a single battery enough? How do most people tie it down? Thanks in advance.

Plug it in, turn it on, set desired temp, enjoy frosty beverge of your choice, never buy cooler ice again, wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.

It will run if Jeep is off, one battery should be fine (that's what I have), it has a built in battery save device, though I will say my wife's batter died with it plugged in. :thinking:

Tie down straps work fine. ARB makes nice ones that look better.

JeepFan

Hooked
One of the best mods for a JK. I love my 50qt. Have it set at 29 degrees! Keeps everything nice and cold. I built a platform for mine that goes on the drivers side back seat. I mounted the ARB straps to the platform to hold it down secure and level. Here's a pic without the straps mounted.

20140304_003036442_iOS.jpg

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Do you guys run a direct wire from the battery or can I use the plug in the back by the sub woofer. I do have a deep cell single battery if that make a difference.

JeepFan

Hooked
Do you guys run a direct wire from the battery or can I use the plug in the back by the sub woofer. I do have a deep cell single battery if that make a difference.

The plug by the sub woofer should work fine although you might have to set the battery sensor on the fridge to low. I ran 12 AWG wire from the battery to an outlet mounted close to the subwoofer and have had no issues.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Mine didn't work right in that plug. I use the center console one. However, I plan to add a dedicated plug wired direct to the battery.

JeepFan

Hooked
Mine didn't work right in that plug. I use the center console one. However, I plan to add a dedicated plug wired direct to the battery.

Thanks for confirming! I wondered if the rear plug would be an issue. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

ARB makes a really nice one.

I bought a plug from the truck stop, seems to be working just fine for $20.00!

jkbarnett

Really happy with my ARB 37 qt fridge. Seems to be just the right height for my JK. Wasn't sure of the wire size for the rear outlet and went with the wire kit they sell. Piece of mind with the heavy gauge wire and built in fuse. Works great in van also.

I've had mine plugged in and running in my truck 24/7 since I bought it back in October. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426038872.684588.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426038892.630810.jpg It has more than paid for itself not having to choke down truckstop food anymore.

jkjurny

For some reason in mine, both the center console and subwoofer plugs don't work right with the Jeep off. They work fine when the engine is off. I plan on wiring it direct to the battery with the ARB harness.

In the meantime, it's worked great running off of a Goal Zero Yeti 400 when the Jeep is off. I've gone 3 days with the Yeti 400 plus a couple of solar panels powering the ARB fridge!

Marauder

Hopefully there will be a Fathers Day sale on these. They are sick. The ARB hardwired outlet looks to be a good choice for power.

Fitzbsly

Got mine last month and can't wait to use it!! Bought ARB harness that goes strait to battery. It was a little tough going thru firewall but the adapter makes it easy to plug in when I need it. I don't drive my jeep much so will just use it when needed on weekend wheel trips.

Top Bottom