Waiting for the all holy one to chime in...

How's their tie rod work?

I run a MC as well and the tie rod does just fine.

Ride quality will always be a subjective topic, except for here. 95% will steer towards Evo lifts. The clubs I run with, dtd is not the lift of choice.

My recommendation to initial poster would be to meet up with the local clubs, ask questions and see what they run, ask for ride alongs. You will get find what works best for you with first hand experience.

ttfhell

Ride quality will always be a subjective topic, except for here. 95% will steer towards Evo lifts. The clubs I run with, dtd is not the lift of choice.

My recommendation to initial poster would be to meet up with the local clubs, ask questions and see what they run, ask for ride alongs. You will get find what works best for you with first hand experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people in the clubs you run with are running the DTD and what is the lift of choice?

How many people in the clubs you run with are running the DTD and what is the lift of choice?

One guy has the dtd and in his opinion for what he got out of the lift it is not worth the money.

3 of us run MC lifts, and most run full currie lifts. These people being shop owners as well.

ttfhell

One guy has the dtd and in his opinion for what he got out of the lift it is not worth the money.

3 of us run MC lifts, and most run full currie lifts. These people being shop owners as well.

Must be a lot of shop owners lol. I'm 100% sure everyone of them are running what they sell, which is pretty subjective. The DTD is definitely overkill for 95% of jeepers out there including Mr Wiggles. Hell it's overkill for a lot of people that run it. However if you are going to push your limits at speed and want a huge increase in travel that you can custom tune to your driving style it can't be beat.
People should take a real look at what the want to do with their jeep and go from there. Buying three different lifts like I did before settling on the best isn't the way to do it. Neither is buying the best and not using it to its fullest capabilities and regretting the cost like the guy in your club.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
A lift that rides better than stock...truth or fiction??

Wow ..,

It's not worth the money if your not going to use it to its potential. If a MC lift fits your wheeling habits what more is there to say.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

This is good advice, but with an *. If your buddies only have TeraBreak, procomp or RE lifts, then you need to find more friends. Comparing shitty lifts with less shitty lifts will only get you shitty lift compared to a good lift.

Most lifts work for most people, because they don't know better. Or don't need better. Or they can't afford better. That doesn't mean the lower end lift itself is better.

Lots of people here run EVO because of the type wheeling forum members here tend to do. And also because we are willing to pay for race tested parts on a jk.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

LOL! That is the dumbest shit I've read all day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

attachment.php

Here's a thought - you and your club being the self-proclaimed suspension system authority that it is, how about you post up some videos showing how you use your Jeeps, how well your products of choice work and demonstrate just why everyone should be considering what you choose to run instead. Nothing like a little proof to back up them words, ya know :yup:

Sounds like a great idea if you only want to hear and feel first hand experience of what you and your club choose to run. :yup:

What a surprise! An anonymous "one guy" has the DTD and in his opinion, it wasn't worth the money. Of course, being that you just said it on the internet, it must be true! :yup:

3 of us run MC lifts, and most run full currie lifts.

I've installed and tested a full Currie lift and with the exception of the coils (thought they were on the firm side), it's a great kit. I have no experience running MC but, they sure do a great job of marketing. It was fun to watch one of the participants on the JKX who had their kit try and keep up with us on the whoops especially when parts on his Jeep started to break off. :crazyeyes:

These people being shop owners as well.

Well, if they're shop owners, they of all people would know what to recommend to people looking to buy something. You definitely should trust what they have to say :yup: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Man that is one good looking jeep right there!!! Lol. Even though it doesn't look like that anymore.

DTD is by far worth every penny if your gonna use it for what it was made to do. I run bolt-on coilover and love them. I also had 3 different lifts on my jeep. The second one being the MC lite and it was fine, rode good on the highway and was good offroad, but doesn't even compare to the Evo bolt on coilovers. They arent even in the same league.

TheStick

DTD is by far worth every penny if your gonna use it for what it was made to do. I run bolt-on coilover and love them. I also had 3 different lifts on my jeep. The second one being the MC lite and it was fine, rode good on the highway and was good offroad, but doesn't even compare to the Evo bolt on coilovers. They arent even in the same league.

I agree, I have the MC 2.5" lift with just the OME shocks and it does ride well. That being said, the rear track bar bracket is a little funky, I don't run the drag link but we have seen those problems, and the control arms (I only have front lowers) have me a little worried since I have seen issues (mine have been fine). For a standard lift it is nice and pretty damn good, but I would definitely go coil overs before spending the money on the six pack setup.

attachment.php

Here's a thought - you and your club being the self-proclaimed suspension system authority that it is, how about you post up some videos showing how you use your Jeeps, how well your products of choice work and demonstrate just why everyone should be considering what you choose to run instead. Nothing like a little proof to back up them words, ya know :yup:

Sounds like a great idea if you only want to hear and feel first hand experience of what you and your club choose to run. :yup:

What a surprise! An anonymous "one guy" has the DTD and in his opinion, it wasn't worth the money. Of course, being that you just said it on the internet, it must be true! :yup:

I've installed and tested a full Currie lift and with the exception of the coils (thought they were on the firm side), it's a great kit. I have no experience running MC but, they sure do a great job of marketing. It was fun to watch one of the participants on the JKX who had their kit try and keep up with us on the whoops especially when parts on his Jeep started to break off. :crazyeyes:

Well, if they're shop owners, they of all people would know what to recommend to people looking to buy something. You definitely should trust what they have to say :yup: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Was waiting for the all holy one to chime in...

They run currie for the joint of of choice, which is tried and true.

You are correct. If you want to go fast through the whoops a coilover system would be a better ride, playing in the rocks you really aren't gaining anything over a shock/spring combo.

From reading here I would not be able to be the suspepension authority that would be the couple of your here.
0f75e888222d852d8b2a672a38a7c787.jpg

f4ac5a245a3a916c366505e9c1d1bccb.jpg

6a5607e492d7e6337c6dd866e0c4324f.jpg

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

You are correct. If you want to go fast through the whoops a coilover system would be a better ride, playing in the rocks you really aren't gaining anything over a shock/spring combo.

From reading here I would not be able to be the suspepension authority that would be the couple of your here.

So you're a metal cloak fanboy?
The last paragraph was a bit hard to understand.

I was just reminded who you were. That guy doesn't happen to have DTD front and bolt ons rear does he? Maybe a two door jeep?

If that's the case you have never really seen a DTD work in person then.

No I doubt we have ever met

Also he has a full system

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! I may be the "all holy one" but you're the loser who's been waiting to hear from me. ;)

Agreed, Johnny Joints are tried and true and I, the "all holy one" recommends them all the time. The rest of their kit is pretty good too and the only thing I don't care for are their coils. But really, that's just personal preference.

:cheesy: You keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it'll help you to sleep better at night. :yup:

:yawn37: And yet, here you are on my forum blah blah blahing away like it matters.

Now, if you're done, why not go back to your buddies and tell them what a hero you are :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No I doubt we have ever met

Also he has a full system

Never said we did meet. Just was reminded of your previous posts. I've met and wheeled with a lot of vegas guys. Post up a picture of the jeep with the DTD.

Oh and by the way, we are talking about JK's so that TJ means nothing in this thread.

ttfhell

Don't take this the wrong way but you don't need a lift to do anything shown in these pics.

Top Bottom