The Building of FALCOR

JKRicky

I finally decided to start my build thread to share my progress with you guys which I hope you enjoy. To start things off, a good friend of mine had the great idea of naming my white 4 door "Falcor" which ultimately stuck. I couldn't say no to a name from one of the greatest movies! He was also kind enough to make me a logo which I thought was pretty funny....

IMG_5338.jpg

I used to have a 2012 JKR when I quickly realized I needed more room due to getting married with two step kids and the newest addition being born on 7/9/14. In May 2014, I picked up my new 2014 JKUR! Ill be honest, I always regretted not getting the Unlimited the first time so this gave me an excuse! Falcor stock....

IMG_5427.jpg

I learned a lot from my first build (what not to do or buy) and after joining Wayalife, I learned a great deal of additional information from you guys! I was going to list out my build plans but decided I'd update things as I go to kind of keep it interesting and a surprise. I'm in the purchasing stage with the goal of installing everything at once (that's if I can wait that long which I highly doubt!)

To start with, I recently purchased the EVO LCG F/R Coilovers. I am very very happy I waited out to save the extra coin for these.

IMG_5383.jpg

I picked up a set of 37x13.50.17 Toyo M/T's.

IMG_5405.jpg

I just installed a Bestop Trektop NX which I have always wanted since seeing them.

IMG_5482.jpg

Other parts that I already have off of my 2012 are front stubby bumper with stinger from MetalCloak and a X2O 10K-S winch. (The winch will be getting replaced with a Warn but It will have to do for now) I also have a 50" light bar which I'm still debating on keeping. I'd much rather have a set of Truck-Lites!

Thanks for reading and I will keep this updated as I go! :drinks:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
this is going to be a nice one!
when the time comes ill be going the same route for the suspension :thumbup:

JK LYF

I agree...gonna be a very nice build...it always is when the first thing you see is Kings....!

jmsuitter

Subscribed can't wait to see this one develop. Like the white 4 doors look clean and great name would have never thought of that bit it fits

JKRicky

Added some minor goods. Finally install my Cobra 75 CB that I still had from my old JK. I've had it mounted this way before which works fine but I will eventually get an actual mount (the one that mounts too the passenger grab handle. Can't remember the name).

IMG_5554.jpg

I also installed the Dynomax exhaust. Love the clean sound! I'm also a fan of how it cleans up the rear removing the huge stock can.

IMG_5553.JPG

Things are kinda slow right now with the build waiting on parts but that will hopefully change soon!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Those are pretty nice. I hadn't seen the CMM yet. My C75 is mounted under the glove box and the wire just runs beside the passenger side of the console. I keep it tucked between the console and passenger seat and console (buttons facing the passenger seat so the screen doesn't get scratched) when not in use and just set it in my lap or in a cup holder while wheeling. Not having a permanent mount hasn't been an issue yet and it's never in the line of sight.

Love the Jeep name and the emblem! Looking forward to see those coilovers and tires on!

Top Bottom