jk LED light bar mounts

robx251

Caught the Bug
I currently have a set of rough country light bar mounts for my 50" led light bar while going down the interstate it flaps my soft top horribly. makes it almost unpleasant to drive, ALMOST ;). Does anyone know of any light bar mounts that prevent that from happening?

robx251

Caught the Bug
Wow that surprises me that no one has had any luck with a Mount that minimizes the soft top roof flutter.

tobias lopez

I'm a little confused.. but I'm not sure how the mounts make your softtop flap. But then again I haven't rode with my softtop since I've installed my lightbar.

budmanm3

I don't have a soft top so I can't comment on the flapping. I went with the Rock slide Engineering mounts and they are almost flush with the top of the windsheild, I do know it helps with the whistling, but there is still wind noise as expected with any light bar.

mrmet1983

i had the same issue when i ran a 50 and the poison spyder mounts are a little better but honestly i just sold mine it was way to annoying and i got sick of the 50" light bar it seems like every jk now has a 50 before its even lifted just makes me hate them now

Compshooter

I don't have one yet but have heard of fluttering issues and noise. I think people have put weather stripping in the fins of the light and that seemed to solve the problem.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm going by memory.

Jay_r24

i had the same issue when i ran a 50 and the poison spyder mounts are a little better but honestly i just sold mine it was way to annoying and i got sick of the 50" light bar it seems like every jk now has a 50 before its even lifted just makes me hate them now

I seen a lowered jk, everything else stock and a dual 50" lightbar. I damn near threw up!

DMF

I don't have one yet but have heard of fluttering issues and noise. I think people have put weather stripping in the fins of the light and that seemed to solve the problem.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm going by memory.

I've tried door trim, foam tape, and silicone and they all reduce the humming/whistling noise but none would stop the soft top from fluttering. I eventually got rid of my light bar as well. I think a curve light bar could help stop the soft top from fluttering.

taher2.1

Agree. Took mine out because everyone is running it now. I had one before Rigit started selling it

You should consider buying Wade Automotive Top Wind Deflector

jkwebbie

I currently have a set of rough country light bar mounts for my 50" led light bar while going down the interstate it flaps my soft top horribly. makes it almost unpleasant to drive, ALMOST ;). Does anyone know of any light bar mounts that prevent that from happening?

I have the same mounts and problem, but it's not the mount, its the light bar that makes your soft top flap like crazy. I've heard that getting a mount that lowers the light bar will help, but I don't think theres a real solution besides getting rid of the light bar....which I'm thinking about doing lol

nightfirem10

I have just installed a speed demons 50" with their mounts and I tell you, the shudder noise is almost unbearable! Mine shudders at the light, and about two feet down the hard top behind the drivers head it sounds like there is a hole in my hard top!! I'm going to fill in the holes in the mount and see if that changes,and if not I'm going to try a bug deflector on the hood. I will let you know what I come up with...... Stay tuned.....

pballer2777

I install the jcr mount today and after having the ebay mounts these mount are 10x quieter than the ebay mounts. But I will say the fitment wasnt so great. I had to persuade the holes to line up. Other than the im happy with the mount. The bar sits almost flush with the roof line with a dual row light.

jbaskin28

Got the Rugged Ridge mounts and my soft top does the same.

You can either buy a Gobi rack, and use their light bar mount for their racks, or get a hard top.

I mean, you could also just live with it. That's my choice for now. Until I find a used Hard Top for a decent price.

Top Bottom