Thread: Ebay question

Ebay question

Looking at all of the pics from SEMA I am super stoked about starting my build. That being said I have checked pricing for some of the parts I want to get on Ebay and have found some crazy deals even with the pay now price. For example I saw Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper JK for $519.00 on ebay by now price and all the Smittybilt dealer sites are asking $599.99.

So the question is: Have any of you had any experience with Ebay and is it safe?

Hooked
    I've bought and sold a lot of things on eBay. You just have to be smart about it. If an item is $100 and it normally retails at $6-700 i'd be weary. Look at the sellers ratings and feedback, this will give you a good idea as to the quality of products and custom service. When all is said and done, you just need to be smart about it and use common sense/good judgement.

As for the bumper you found, as long as the sellers feedback/reviews are good, i'd run with it.
    '16 JKU - very mild build.

Nothing but a Thing Jersey_Devil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGolie13
    Looking at all of the pics from SEMA I am super stoked about starting my build. That being said I have checked pricing for some of the parts I want to get on Ebay and have found some crazy deals even with the pay now price. For example I saw Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper JK for $519.00 on ebay by now price and all the Smittybilt dealer sites are asking $599.99.

So the question is: Have any of you had any experience with Ebay and is it safe?
    Only jkf we have a whole thread dedicated to this http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-show-tell...nkable-209573/

I've gotten all this off ebay with NO PROBLEMS.....
    Body Armor winch bumper
    2 hilift hood mounts
    Smittybuilt clinometer
    Hood (for 99 dodge ram)
    Headlights (99 Ram)
    Cobra 29LX cb radio
    Firestik 2 tunable tip antenna
    Robo Winch 9500 (really a rugged ridge winch, got it wholesale) (got for my dad's Toyota)
    Winch didn't work when I first recieved it and the seller very happily sent me a new control box and the winch worked perfectly, if that didn't work he woulda replaced it

I've bought and sold many things on ebay and my experience has been great on ebay, if u have a problem with an item u recieve don't just give them bad feedback, contact the seller and 99.9% of the time the seller will correct the problem for you!

I buy ALL my stuff from ebay, only recently I decided I want river raider stuff and it's not on ebay :-(

But u have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT from ebay.... Good luck!

HAPPY JEEPIN EVERYONE!
    HAPPY JEEPIN! ALMOST DOORS OFF WEATHER!!!

Been Around the Block Tranquillity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGolie13 View Post

I buy a lot on ebay, as said I am careful with what I'm buying. When it's too cheap to be true it should ring a bell. The price difference is not so bad, I would be surprised if it's a scam.