Dynomax

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

Soak in your choice of penetrant oil (Yield, PB Blaster etc etc), hit it with an impact, use a torch, impact again, use a sawzall.

In that order

hbkid22

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

Soak in your choice of penetrant oil (Yield, PB Blaster etc etc), hit it with an impact, use a torch, impact again, use a sawzall.

In that order

Was able to finally get it. Didn't have enough leverage at first.

Power tools are not an option tho. Wish they were but have a little one sleeping right above me. :)

EZ-E

I just put the dynomax system on my jku last week. I ended up getting a cutting wheel to take the stock strap off, since I ran into the same situation.

I hear that. Have a toddler myself.

Whenever I'm doing any type of exhaust work I always seem to break at least half of the seized fasteners.

trailless

Caught the Bug
PB blaster, elbow grease and profanity. Perfect combination!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hbkid22

How much clearance should there be between the pipe and exhaust? I am basically touching and I don't know if that will cause problems.

Did you get the bolts loose?

If all has failed use some wintergreen to break the corrosion or put some Phillips, Milk of Magnesium on it. It is gritty enough to help grip the bolt so it does not round out. This is a trick I used while on Active Duty to get engine exhaust hardware loose.

hbkid22

Did you get the bolts loose?

If all has failed use some wintergreen to break the corrosion or put some Phillips, Milk of Magnesium on it. It is gritty enough to help grip the bolt so it does not round out. This is a trick I used while on Active Duty to get engine exhaust hardware loose.

I did finally get everything loose when a buddy showed up.....Took a lot of WD40 and some prying! But now when I put the new pipe in, it is basically resting on the rear coil.

Jtmw

I did finally get everything loose when a buddy showed up.....Took a lot of WD40 and some prying! But now when I put the new pipe in, it is basically resting on the rear coil.

Had this issue with it laying basically on the rear-trackbar. Just start from the front of your exhaust tighten things down, and position them the way you want. When I took the time to hold the pieces where I wanted and tighten from there it did the trick.

EZ-E

Had this issue with it laying basically on the rear-trackbar. Just start from the front of your exhaust tighten things down, and position them the way you want. When I took the time to hold the pieces where I wanted and tighten from there it did the trick.

What he said. I had to rotate it, then tighten it down to get it to clear the trackbar since I have a raised mount. No issues with clearance after that.

Top Bottom