DayStar 07-12 JK Wrangler Hood Wranglers

kaptkrappy

We just got back from a beautiful week down in the Florida Keys. We were experiencing the tail end of Hurricane Sandy while we were there. It was sunny and warm, but the wind never got below 20 mph the whole time (I know that doesn't compare to the devastation experienced in the NE)

Anyway, driving back on the highway into a strong headwind, every vehicle that passed us or we passed made my hood do the "flutter".
It was kind of scary the first time it happened. I thought the hood was going to fly off or something.

When I got back home I ordered a set of the DayStar Hood Wranglers I had read about on the JK-Forum.
Simple installation, just follow the instructions. Well, I didn't exactly follow the instructions, they say to remove the bottom part of the latch assembly, but I left it on and got the job done without damaging the paint.

They definitely do work, no more hood flutter.

DayStar.jpg

You can see the difference between in the OE and the DayStar. Thicker and almost no stretch.

DayStar 1 med.jpg DayStar 2 med.jpg

All done.

Done med.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the daystar latches do work a heck of a lot better than oem. i keep telling myself that i'm going to do this someday and maybe i will someday :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom