$7 dollar JK angry eyes

ASC-TheAnvilJk

I have been a jeeper for over 6 years now and I can safely say I will not own another make for the rest of my life. Owning a 2009 JK 2 Door I really put it through some hell. Almost every modification to my rig was done by me. The chopped fenders, grill guards, suspension mods and wiring was almost all fabricated through DIY threads. I decided to get a 4 door and it has come pretty far and fast.

I have a 3 inch procomp suspension with 33 inch tires. I notice on several occasions even after adjusting my head lights that people on the highway tend to high beam me thinking I'm initially doing the same to them. I think possibly the jeep angry eye upgrade could help.

So I look online at several places and see that the jeep angry eyes range from 25 to even 50 bucks for the pair of "mostly plastic " covers. I had a bright idea to save money and just do it myself with the basic tools I had lying around. I used a can of rustoleum high temp engine enamle from Home Depot for like 7 bucks.

After removing the front grill and lights I measured 1,3/4 " from the widest point to be painted and marked it on both sides. I use tin foil quite a bit when I paint things because it's cheap (Dollar General) and you can conform and re use it several times over not having to worry about it bleeding through. I did 15 light mist coats with about 10 min intervals to let dry inbetween (This is key to it coming out smooth and without paint runs) once complete I simply re assembled everything and BAM! Works and looks sweet. I don't think my lights will get to 500 degrees so overall I'm pretty satisfied all for a little over 7 bucks. It takes a full 7 days to cure but I waited overnight and put them in. Lil dust accumulated on the lense and it simply wiped right off and it's a solid coat. Enjoy!

Here are some pictures of the process.
I have more pictures from start to finish so let me know if you have a question.

Attachments

• 1426734420801.jpg
    1426734420801.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 1426734444774.jpg
    1426734444774.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 445
  • 1426734462418.jpg
    1426734462418.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 445
  • 1426734476901.jpg
    1426734476901.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 1426734493572.jpg
    1426734493572.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 1426734512519.jpg
    1426734512519.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 1426734526117.jpg
    1426734526117.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 1426734537543.jpg
    1426734537543.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 445
  • 1426734546828.jpg
    1426734546828.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 443

relayer4u

You choose this as your first post??? :doh:

Now you just need to add a uni-brow angry birds grill to finish off the whole "I'm a dip chit" look that you seem to be after.

:yawn37:

Last edited:

Clem319

Angry eyes aren't my thing, but at least it's a decent write up for those wanting a cheap alternative.

Jake Wilson

Man some of you guys are dicks! (Please do not respond to this starting a fight) I think it's a great post and a cheap way to do it. Will I do it? Idk I plan on replacing my headlights soon. However, I am will to bet someone around here does want to do this and this guy just saved them some money! Welcome to wayalife and ignore the ass holes! Just enjoy your jeep and do what makes you happy!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Man some of you guys are dicks! (Please do not respond to this starting a fight) I think it's a great post and a cheap way to do it. Will I do it? Idk I plan on replacing my headlights soon. However, I am will to bet someone around here does want to do this and this guy just saved them some money! Welcome to wayalife and ignore the ass holes! Just enjoy your jeep and do what makes you happy!

Lol, settle down. No need to call people "dicks" and "assholes".

Jackal01

So someone is a dick or an asshole because they express their opinion?

trailless

Caught the Bug
There's a way to express your opinion nicely and then there's a way to be a "dick" or an "asshole" about it.

OP, its not something I would do but great way to save some money while having the same result!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Why anyone would want to reduce the already horrible light output even more on factory headlights is pretty odd. This isn't practical and just for looks. I get that.
I've recommended trimming factory fenders to save money and been told they look "unfinished", "shit" and other names. To each their own. I never called anyone a dick or asshole for them expressing their opinions.

Last edited:

Jackal01

There's a way to express your opinion nicely and then there's a way to be a "dick" or an "asshole" about it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I guess I was raised not to care what other people think. The lack of balls in men these days is disturbing.

Spot on.

Anyway, I never understood blacking out head lights, tail lights, etc. Just why make your vehicle less visible or reduce the ability to see at night especially when the JK headlights are bad already!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

LOL!! Talk about the typical pussy! "Hey fuck you!" "Please be nice back to me, I don't want you to be rude to me"

Top Bottom