From Coilovers to DTD

Who all has gone from bolt on coilovers to DTD. I have EVO bolt on coilovers and LOVE them. I want to have the high clearance brackets welded on and am thinking of making the trek to ORE to have the work done. While I am at it, I am thinking of having the towers upfront changed. Can I run my CO's without bypasses and no bump stops? Who all has done it?

JAGS

Hooked
The bolt ons are different than the DTD coilovers. If you're serious about the upgrade, give drew a call and he'll set up your order for what you need.

StrizzyChris

The DTD tower and axle brackets can be welded on with you only running coilovers which will make upgrading to bipass shocks later instant and easy.

With this set up, you will have to run bump stops or else your coilovers will bottom out or your tire will imbed into your inner fender.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Who all has gone from bolt on coilovers to DTD. I have EVO bolt on coilovers and LOVE them. I want to have the high clearance brackets welded on and am thinking of making the trek to ORE to have the work done. While I am at it, I am thinking of having the towers upfront changed. Can I run my CO's without bypasses and no bump stops? Who all has done it?

I don't believe the bolt-on coil overs are the same as what you would run with DTD front towers. The DTD towers will remove your front bump stops and so long as you're just into crawling, you should be okay.

Thanks everyone for the input and feedback. Hind sight is always 20/20. I wish I would have just gone to DTD to begin with. I think I will just have ORE burn on the high clearance long arm brackets and adjust the geometry of the rear axle mounts for the long arms. While I'm there I'll also have them burn in the King Airbumps in the rear and just stay with the CO set up for now.

BDP849

Thanks everyone for the input and feedback. Hind sight is always 20/20. I wish I would have just gone to DTD to begin with. I think I will just have ORE burn on the high clearance long arm brackets and adjust the geometry of the rear axle mounts for the long arms. While I'm there I'll also have them burn in the King Airbumps in the rear and just stay with the CO set up for now.

I have these on my Jeep if you would like to take a look at them Aspenkid?

Top Bottom