Rear driveshaft angle

I've done a few searches here because I think my rear driveshaft angle looks a little off.

Check this out. Not even sure if what I'm asking can be determined from a picture.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427159167.427925.jpg

I order adjustable spring mounts because my springs are bowing, but maybe there's something else. I didn't notice until I got 37s that my tire wasn't centered in the wheel well. It was further forward.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427159252.795506.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The lowers are all the way in.

Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't shorting the lowers push the pinion up? It seems to me that it needs to go down?

You are correct. I meant the uppers. Or extend the lowers. You shouldn't need adjustable spring perches with the EVO kit you are running.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, your pinion angle is pretty off. You definitely want to adjust your rear upper control arms to bring it in line with your drive shaft.

TheDuff

Nope! :pop2:

I'm over my hissy fit and playing nice instead of being a little bitch.

Not sure it works quite that easily, hope you attempted to hash it out with those you had an issue with. That kind of stuff tends to fallow people around if left unresolved...

Soo getting back on topic...

Moving from 35s to 37s wouldn't have changed it that much would it?

I did front end alignment when I got 37s but didn't mess with the back.

I didn't really it notice until I got the 37s and saw how the tire wasn't as centered in the wheel well as the 35 was.

It could have been like that from the start but I never noticed with the smaller tire.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Soo getting back on topic...

Moving from 35s to 37s wouldn't have changed it that much would it?

I did front end alignment when I got 37s but didn't mess with the back.

I didn't really it notice until I got the 37s and saw how the tire wasn't as centered in the wheel well as the 35 was.

It could have been like that from the start but I never noticed with the smaller tire.

I don't believe your pinion angle could change by changing tire size, it has probably been off the whole time

jeeeep

Hooked
I've done a few searches here because I think my rear driveshaft angle looks a little off.

Check this out. Not even sure if what I'm asking can be determined from a picture.

View attachment 132871

I order adjustable spring mounts because my springs are bowing, but maybe there's something else. I didn't notice until I got 37s that my tire wasn't centered in the wheel well. It was further forward.

View attachment 132872

you shouldn't need spring mounts. how are your 37's in the wheel well? (I just read they are not centered)

since you're already all the way in on the lowers, I would adjust them to about 20" center to center to start with then adjust the uppers to set the driveshaft angle alignment.

This should get your tires more centered in the wheel well and also straighten out your springs.

you shouldn't need spring mounts. how are your 37's in the wheel well? (I just read they are not centered)

since you're already all the way in on the lowers, I would adjust them to about 20" center to center to start with then adjust the uppers to set the driveshaft angle alignment.

This should get your tires more centered in the wheel well and also straighten out your springs.

^ :thumb: exactly — though I think he has a long arm? But it seems the same premiss applies.

Yes I have a long arm.

Would the same 20" apply with a long arm?

jeeeep

Hooked
Yes I have a long arm.

Would the same 20" apply with a long arm?

oh no, I didn't see you had a long arm - for the 4dr, if you have a 3.5" lift start at 32.5, if yo uhave 4.5" lift start at 32.75, that should put your uppers around 30.5.

adjust both a little at a time but use the lower arms to get your wheel centered, springs proper and uppers to get the driveshaft angle where it should be.

Ok I have an understanding on what needs to be adjusted.

Do I make the adjustment with tires on the ground or get the weight off the axle? I feel like it should be done with the tires on the ground.

Or should I just take it back to ORE since they installed it?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Do I make the adjustment with tires on the ground or get the weight off the axle? I feel like it should be done with the tires on the ground.

Take it into Evo, but tires on the ground.

jeeeep

Hooked

I'd take it back and let ORE adjust it out.

if you decide to tackle it yourself, as mentioned you'll want to put the wheels on the ground after each adjustment to check your settings. leave things loose until it's adjusted where it needs to be.

Top Bottom