'A Jeep thing' explained! Is the answer in the paint?

CandAMudders

Lying awake at 3:45 in the morning trying to solve the many mysteries of the universe; I had a revelation. Why have I spent thousands of dollars on my Jeep and why have I been left wondering how I can get thousands more for other mods. My neighbors have cars, vans, trucks and SUV’s and they are not wondering such things. Well, I believe I have figured out what the “Jeep thing” is.

When I looked at my stock Jeep I thought…this is good, but could be better. The tires…they should be bigger (32s? 33s? 37s?). I currently run 37s but wonder why I don’t have 40s. Looking at the stock Jeep I thought that if the tires were bigger I should probably lift up the vehicle, give it more height, more clearance. So I made it bigger with a 3” lift. Then I thought I should look underneath the Jeep; see what is going on down there. Well, that stock axle, a Dana 30? Shouldn’t that axle be bigger? Shouldn’t the ring and pinion gears be bigger? How about a Prorock 44 or a 60…maybe an 80! The stock armour; that really has to be bigger. Diff cover…needs to be bigger and so on. I crawled out from under it and drove it around. I thought, this engine (2008) this is anemic…I need more horsepower, more torque…it needs to be bigger. Then I noticed my stock headlights…yikes, definitely need more light coming from them…maybe more lights all over? And so it went…

Well, I have finally figured it out…

I believe Jeep’s are manufactured (and have been manufactured this way for some time) with a certain chemical that produces micropsia. Maybe it is in the factory paint? The grease used? Is it in the air filter?
Micropsia is a condition affecting human visual perception in which objects are perceived to be smaller than they actually are.
It is the only way I can understand this Jeep thing and how me and those Jeep owners I know have this need to modify their Jeeps, to make them bigger. We need to research, to study those Jeep owners who keep them as mall crawlers with no mods. We need to understand what in their DNA or blood makes them immune from the micropsia.
I see a class action lawsuit here somewhere! ;)

Actually there is a bug that bites each Jeep owner some are affected more than others. Some get bit and become addicted like crack and cannot stop, other have a slower progression of the disorder, JMD, Jeep Modification Disorder, which is only satisfied by modifying said Jeep. It can be as simple as putting a sticker or complete rebuild.

ArmyofMike

[Insert Sarcasm Here] Just truss, sleeve and gusset and you can run 5.38 gears with a locker all day and wheel it hard.;)

I read online once that internal and external sleeves are best with an under axle truss. But watch out, the gussets will bend your driveshaft.

CandAMudders

I am going to put three trusses, numerous gussets and multiple sleeves, that should make it as strong as a Prorock 60, right? That will help the ring gear won't it? :yup:

KICKROX

Dang, Now I have to add micropsia to the list along with STD's that I'm trying to avoid... well, actually I'm pretty sure I have it now. Just added a 3" lift with 35's and I regret not getting 37's now. My wife is not going to like this!! :eek:

tom82jeep

There is no cure once u catch it u got it for life. All the studying in the world and testing that could be done has no answers that's why they call it a jeep thing lol

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
[Insert Sarcasm Here] Just truss, sleeve and gusset and you can run 5.38 gears with a locker all day and wheel it hard.;)

Thats only at a couple of trails at Moab. Jeez didnt you pay attention to what Dennis at Teraflex had planned. I mean he is the almighty!:bowdown:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Lying awake at 3:45 in the morning trying to solve the many mysteries of the universe; I had a revelation. Why have I spent thousands of dollars on my Jeep and why have I been left wondering how I can get thousands more for other mods. My neighbors have cars, vans, trucks and SUV’s and they are not wondering such things. Well, I believe I have figured out what the “Jeep thing” is.

When I looked at my stock Jeep I thought…this is good, but could be better. The tires…they should be bigger (32s? 33s? 37s?). I currently run 37s but wonder why I don’t have 40s. Looking at the stock Jeep I thought that if the tires were bigger I should probably lift up the vehicle, give it more height, more clearance. So I made it bigger with a 3” lift. Then I thought I should look underneath the Jeep; see what is going on down there. Well, that stock axle, a Dana 30? Shouldn’t that axle be bigger? Shouldn’t the ring and pinion gears be bigger? How about a Prorock 44 or a 60…maybe an 80! The stock armour; that really has to be bigger. Diff cover…needs to be bigger and so on. I crawled out from under it and drove it around. I thought, this engine (2008) this is anemic…I need more horsepower, more torque…it needs to be bigger. Then I noticed my stock headlights…yikes, definitely need more light coming from them…maybe more lights all over? And so it went…

Well, I have finally figured it out…

I believe Jeep’s are manufactured (and have been manufactured this way for some time) with a certain chemical that produces micropsia. Maybe it is in the factory paint? The grease used? Is it in the air filter?
Micropsia is a condition affecting human visual perception in which objects are perceived to be smaller than they actually are.
It is the only way I can understand this Jeep thing and how me and those Jeep owners I know have this need to modify their Jeeps, to make them bigger. We need to research, to study those Jeep owners who keep them as mall crawlers with no mods. We need to understand what in their DNA or blood makes them immune from the micropsia.
I see a class action lawsuit here somewhere! ;)

Best thing I've read all year! I definitely have that! LOL!

CandAMudders

soon enough, that 2.5 and 33s are going to appear smaller than they are. It is not your fault, you can use the micropsia as an explanation if you have a significant other who does not understand why you have to spend the cash on the Jeep (when to her or him, it looks just fine).

Top Bottom