New life into old lift

Txjkjpr

So after returning from Moab, really after running Pritchett Canyon, my daughter who is 5'1" said that it was much easier to get into the jeep. I know that the old springs and shocks were getting a little soft and would eventually need to be replaced. However, I guess it is like the old saying that if you put a frog into boiling water it will jump out, but if you put it into cold water and slowly turn up the heat it will stay and cook itself. What I am saying is that I got used to the jeep sitting lower and lower over time.

So I got with NR4x4 and ordered some new Synergy springs for a 4.5" lift and some new Fox 2.0 Reservoir shocks. Thanks NR4x4 for providing the Wayalife discount! The parts came in this week and I measured pre-install. Rear at the bottom of the bumper 21.5" and the bottom of the front bumper 24.5". Then installed the new springs, shocks and I went ahead and did new brake lines (extended) as well. Now the new height in the rear is 26" and the front is 26". It sits level and has new life. Now my daughter is a little mad because she has to jump up to get in the jeep.

IMG_1810.JPG Before
IMG_1809.JPG After..Sorry for the shadow
IMG_1808.JPG New rear spring on the right, old tired one on the left

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427335301.770456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427335301.770456.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 167

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
awesome! how are you liking it so far?
thinking of jumping up in tire size? you have a pretty big gap to fill now :p

Txjkjpr

Only had it back together for one night. Went out to a local rock and cycled the suspension to look for any rubs and binding, nothing so far, but this weekend will be the real test. Gonna run through some rocks with about 5 people watching to see if I am rubbing. Really concerned about the front brake lines getting caught in the tires. The new SS Coast lines are longer and they look like they might make contact with the tire when in full flex.

I do plan on going up in tire size, but not until I replace the front axle. Have a sport with the Dirty 30:)

JRied

Can you measure the coil this way? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427383104.477544.jpg
I wanna compare it to my newly installed 4" Currie coils, my jeep is heavy and am curious

Txjkjpr

I'm not sure if it would be accurate for your application. Different spring rates, shock pressures I would assume would influence the outcome. Also, I am running pretty heavy front and rear bumpers. I'll measure where I am sitting using the diagram provided and report back, but someone might have a better idea or advice. Also, I haven't fully cycled the suspension so I am assuming there will be some settling.

The springs I used were from Synergy and were rated for 4.5" on a 4 door JK and 5.5" on a 2 door. I went this route because of the extra weight and the amount of wheeling I do. I wanted something a little taller to compensate. Compared to the ones from the old lift they are definitely a much better spring. Much tighter coils, more coils and seemed to be of better quality.

JRied

Cool man thanks. I just wanted to see the actual amount of lift gained. I have aftermarket bumper winch and XRC armor on all corners and there heavy to say the least. Thanks again

Txjkjpr

Ok I ran home at lunch and measured.

Stock at Shock is 18.5 My measurement is 23.5 5" gain
Stock at Spring is 9..375 My Measurement is 14.75 5 3/8" Gain

Remember this is freshly installed and has not had a chance to settle or have the suspension cycled.

toxicwaste29

Let me know how it does without adjusting. I'm considering the fox reservoirs without adjusters or just regular fox itp

Txjkjpr

Let me know how it does without adjusting. I'm considering the fox reservoirs without adjusters or just regular fox itp

Ran this weekend and everything performed great. I was corrected I am running the Fox Reservoirs without the adjusters. My mistake. They performed very well and I am happy with the ride and results. Flexed it out completely. Good upgrade.

IMG_4656.jpg

Top Bottom