VIDEO : 2012 SEMA Show Spotlight - Mopar Sand Trooper Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When it comes to building up badass Jeep JK Wranglers, few know how to do it better than the guys at Mopar. For the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas Nevada, the brought out what they called, “The Sand Trooper”. This beast of a JK got a HEMI heart transplant, was sitting on Portal Axles, 42” Super Swampers and outfitted with host of prototype components including bumpers, skid plates and more. In this short Spotlight video, you’ll get to hear Bill Brown give you a run down on all these things and more. I hope you enjoy.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
What a beautiful creation!! I wonder what the overall build cost on this would round out to be? The Portal Axles alone probably cost about what a stock Jeep would run.

:bowdown:

NolanRamseyer

+1 For Adding These as Official Mopar Options

It was recommended to me to request here on this forum that I would really like to see these as options for the Jeep Wrangler (officially supported by Jeep and not simply from an aftermarket company) in hopes that Mopar would take notice. I love companies who look at the aftermarket community and adapt favored designs in future product iterations. If someone connected with the decisions on adding these items to existing catalogs would create a public poll or survey that us Wrangler enthusists could respond to that would be great. Thanks

What I like the most:
Portal Axles (though quite excessively priced ATM)
Full Steel Skid Plates (I have the set for my JKU from River Raider and love them)

kaptkrappy

Anything with Portal Axles goes on my list.

I do have a question.

What is attached to Bill Brown's head ?

Odd Head Thing.jpg

kaptkrappy

From what I understand, Bill has a degenerative hearing impairment that is a hearing aide.

That was my first thought, that it was a medical implant of some sort.

Not to get to serious, but most of us take our hearing and sight for granted.

Good luck to him.

matt1171

Anything with Portal Axles goes on my list.

I do have a question.

What is attached to Bill Brown's head ?

View attachment 6632

It's called a BAHA which stands for Bone-anchored hearing aid. It's a unique type of hearing aid that uses bone conduction instead of amplification for people with hearing loss that a normal hearing aid cannot benefit.

socc3rakd25

It's called a BAHA which stands for Bone-anchored hearing aid. It's a unique type of hearing aid that uses bone conduction instead of amplification for people with hearing loss that a normal hearing aid cannot benefit.

correct :thumb: my cousin has the same one

Con Artist

Awesome Jeep! I really like the (prototype) wheels. They'd look great on my Bright Silver Metallic 2012 JKUR. :rock:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
A few generations ago off roading was about the engines. Today we focus on suspension. MOPAR pulled it all together with the Sandtrooper. Jeep keeps teasing us with Hemi JK's and awesome buildups. I'm hoping they're winding up for a pitch. Burnsville will shove a sorted out Hemi in a JK for $20g's+. That's for one. Suppose Jeep builds 50 thousand in a production year...:yup::yup:

Top Bottom