2012 SEMA - Toyo Open Country A/T II

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen them, here are a few shots of the new Toyo Open Country A/T II's. For the most part, they look pretty much the same as the old set but, they now have bigger voids and a more agressive sidewall design. What's especially cool about these tires is that they now offer an advertised 40% more treadlife compared to leading competitors, a quieter ride and an industry leading 65,000 mile warranty. If that ain't enough, Toyo is also now offering a No Regrets 45-day, 500-mile trial offer on them. Check it out...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Halas

I like these, I think I found my next tire.... And they are CHEAP!
35/12.5/17 are about $230 each...a steal.

GCM 2

These look very similar to the Nitto Terra Grappler A/T, which are awesome tires. If the Toyo is anything like the Nitto, which I am sure it shares many characteristics, this is going to be a hit with many people.

Halas

Renagade119 said:
Those look sick!!! Id love to know how they perform in snow and wet conditions

I have had the original AT's in the past and they worked great in snow, I live in buffalo ny - we get snow and ice.
Seeing how similar the tread looks, I am sure these will be great.

Halas

sm_rubi said:
That's a pretty aggressive looking AT! Wouldn't mind trying it but I think it would be hard to knock off the Toyo Open Country MT's for us. :brows:

2 different animals, some of us need an at for our DD.
I love toyo and Nitto m/t but I need something for family trips and work on at least one jeep. ;-)

Halas

dpowell5523 said:
for that much they will be my next tire as well. wish they came in a white letter

Some sizes do, you have to check toyo's site, white letters do cost about $10 more per tire though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2 different animals, some of us need an at for our DD.
I love toyo and Nitto m/t but I need something for family trips and work on at least one jeep. ;-)

as far as at's go, this really was one of the nicest ones i've seen. the voids and sidewalls are much more agressive and comparable to some mt's out there. the warranty certainly can't be beat either. if i had to run an at, i'm pretty sure i'd try a set of these.

GCM 2

as far as at's go, this really was one of the nicest ones i've seen. the voids and sidewalls are much more agressive and comparable to some mt's out there. the warranty certainly can't be beat either. if i had to run an at, i'm pretty sure i'd try a set of these.

Eddie, I bet you that just like the Terra Grappler these tires are going to be very popular with the lifted diesel truck/tow rig crowd. Cool aggressive tread and sidewall looks, with way more street friendly manners.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I bet you that just like the Terra Grappler these tires are going to be very popular with the lifted diesel truck/tow rig crowd. Cool aggressive tread and sidewall looks, with way more street friendly manners.

they are pretty much the same thing as a terra grappler and yeah, i can totally see them being real popular with the lifted diesel truck crowd. the warranty on them is really amazing too.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel like I will be going with a set of these, just not sure if I would be better off with a MT tire or these AT, I do more highway and around town driving than I do trails, mostly hit Rausch Creek which makes me not sure what kind of tire to get

tymonster

For what it's worth, I love my AT IIs so far

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 171
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 162
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 166

Gnmaniatis

Love mine as well, only have 70 miles on them, but very smooth and quiet. Can't wait to try them on a trail

Attachments

• image-3344482861.jpg
    image-3344482861.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 238
  • image-899426706.jpg
    image-899426706.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom