JK chirping sound (drivers side)

JKDriver07

My JK makes a chirping sound on the drivers side. It happens while moving at slow speeds and sometimes coming to a stop or when I climb out of the Jeep. I have replaced the brake rotors and pads as well at the front axle U joints. I checked the front drive shaft U joint and it seems ok. I've tried to locate the sound, but haven't had any luck. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. Does anyone have any idea what it may be?

Do you have any heim joints on your jeep :cheesy:

a chirp could be so many things. It could be dirt in bushings, coils, shocks.

Does it goes away if you lightly rinse your suspension then come back? If so my guess is something needs to be lubed / greased. If it goes away it was dirt.

jolson

Had this same issue on mine after wheeling it a few times, turned out to be the track bar(adjustable) got dirt in it and needed to be relubed. Also, the bolts on it could be woddled out. Have someone shake the jk and try to find movement. Hope that helps know it took me forever to find problem.

BumblebeeZA

I also had a "Chirp" and if yours is the same as mine was, then it is from the brake pad clips (Small little steel clips that keep the pads in place)

marcmarcJK

Chirp Chirp

I had the same thing and I installed a Cat-Back exhaust which eliminates the "Resonator". I have had no chirps since. So I believe it is the Resonator right under the drivers door that the exhaust runs through.

Top Bottom