What's the smoothest lift out there?

JakeJK

I'm looking into buying a 2.5-3 inch lift and was wondering what brands of lifts are the smoothest? Also what size tires will I be able to run on a 2010 jk sport
Any input appreciated, thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ride comfort is 100% subjective but, for what you're looking for, it is of my subjective opinion that the EVO Enforcer with it's Plush Ride coils offer the "smoothest" ride available. If you can't afford their King shocks, a good set of Rancho 9000's will get the job done for a lot less.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
In before someone says aev:D .
I have 3"evo plush ride coils and I'm really impressed with them. I have bilstein shocks, if I can redo it, id go with Rancho shocks. Ive thought about going with coil overs, but I'm really happy with what I have.
And like Eddie said, it's subjective. It's like asking if you like a firm mattress or a soft one.
Edit, tires make a difference in ride also.

Last edited:

JakeJK

Ride comfort

Okay that's good to know, do yall know if the newer version BFG all terrains or the general grabber provide good rides, or have any input on the smoothest all terrain/mud terrain tires

olram30

Okay that's good to know, do yall know if the newer version BFG all terrains or the general grabber provide good rides, or have any input on the smoothest all terrain/mud terrain tires

Look at the load range, factory Rubicon tires are load range c, most 35" are e range, little stiffer sidewalls, then 37" are usually d.
I think most full size trucks use e rated tires for towing and such.

Jeepfan30

I have been running the EVO 3" coils for about a year now and am very happy with the ride. They are paired with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and numerous friends have ridden in my Jeep and said its the best riding Jeep they've been in. The coils paired with the shocks are smooth on the road, yet still controlled with minimal body roll. They also show no signs of sagging and I am running front and rear PS bumpers, rock sliders, 35" spare, winch and full underbody skids. They are not fancy "dual/triple rate, but they don't have to be because they perform flawlessly and flex great without unseating off road.

JakeJK

I have been running the EVO 3" coils for about a year now and am very happy with the ride. They are paired with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and numerous friends have ridden in my Jeep and said its the best riding Jeep they've been in. The coils paired with the shocks are smooth on the road, yet still controlled with minimal body roll. They also show no signs of sagging and I am running front and rear PS bumpers, rock sliders, 35" spare, winch and full underbody skids. They are not fancy "dual/triple rate, but they don't have to be because they perform flawlessly and flex great without unseating off road.

I'm fairly new to this stuff what all would I need in order to lift my jeep? I can't imagine it's easy as new shocks and coils would it be worth the money to buy a full kit then replace the coils? Or rather buy all the parts piece by piece until I have everything I need
Thanks

olram30

I'm fairly new to this stuff what all would I need in order to lift my jeep? I can't imagine it's easy as new shocks and coils would it be worth the money to buy a full kit then replace the coils? Or rather buy all the parts piece by piece until I have everything I need
Thanks

It depends on a few things, try to choose a lift around your tire size and flat fenders make a difference also. I suggest looking at a lift kit that has all the necessary parts and nothing gimmicky. Parts that are made in America and proven to be reliable.

Jaydoc1

Thanks

I can't imagine that there is a better lift out there that is also as simple as the EVO Enforcer.

Here's what you'll need.

1) Enforcer with 3" plush ride springs and shocks of your choice. 2.5" shocks will require EVO shock relocation mounts to avoid damaging the shocks.
2) EVO draglink flip kit.
3) New front drive shaft if you're lifting a 4-door. New rear as well if lifting a 2-door.
4) Some way to achieve adequate backspacing for your tires be that spacers or new wheels.
5) Trimming of the pinch seams/rock rails for tire clearance when stuffed.
6) Trimming of the plastic guard under the front bumper if you're going to keep the stock one. Otherwise your tires will rub when you are turning or stuffed.

It doesn't get much simpler than that. One thing that isn't needed but you should really consider is C-gussets as well with your larger tires.

eta: When I say that there aren't better lifts out there than the Enforcer, I mean at this level of simplicity.

Jeepfan30

It depends on a few things, try to choose a lift around your tire size and flat fenders make a difference also. I suggest looking at a lift kit that has all the necessary parts and nothing gimmicky. Parts that are made in America and proven to be reliable.

Great point, you really need to plan your build. Decide what tire size you want to run and if you are sticking with factory fenders, or aftermarket. If you keep factory fenders you will want a higher lift to avoid rubbing when flexing. Flat fenders allow you to run a larger tire with less lift. If you are new to lifting Jeeps I would buy a kit. Brand will be subjective to every forum member, most people recommend what they currently have. I agree that stuff made in the USA will suit you best.

So, figure out what tire and fenders you want to run and then move on to the next step. I would say take a look at EVO, Rock Krawler, Metalcloak. All great companies with great customer service.

socalsailor88

I am running currie arms, evo plush ride coils, and the evo spec kings and it is hands down way better than the POS trailmaster lift that was on the jeep when I bought it

JakeJK

Okay sweet, thanks for all the info, any ball park range on cost of you guys equipment plus tires and or wheels after its all said and done? Looking at 35s

Jeepfan30

Okay sweet, thanks for all the info, any ball park range on cost of you guys equipment plus tires and or wheels after its all said and done? Looking at 35s

Probably going to be sitting around $5000 for wheels, tires, lift. Are you doing the installation yourself? You can install one of these lifts with basic knowledge and small set of standard tools and jack stands.

JakeJK

Probably going to be sitting around $5000 for wheels, tires, lift. Are you doing the installation yourself? You can install one of these lifts with basic knowledge and small set of standard tools and jack stands.

Preferably id do the work myself a friend of mine has a lift in his garage and he said that he'd let me use it, hopefully to save a bit of money haha

MICP3309

In before someone says aev:D .

I have the AEV 4.5 SC.. It handles the turns great.. Rides like Leaf Springs. Its very rough unless you have say 200 pounds of winch and bumpers up front, and spare tires and bumper of the rear. Even then when I had the AEV bumpers on, it is still very rough, with hitting potholes and experience of bouncing around your lane.

Top Bottom