The ascension of War Pig

Exodus 4x4

Bought in November last year. Finally bit the bullet on the risk of voiding any part of the warranty and started the build a few weeks ago. Here's my 2015 JKUR just before the lift install. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427752860.312644.jpg

Exodus 4x4

Love that color. I should have waited and built up a tank. Congrats.

Thanks. Yeah I love this color. Being a former Marine it just seemed fitting, and when trying to think of a name for it I remembered there was a LAR unit with the call sign "war pig".

Exodus 4x4

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427888920.717338.jpg
After the lift I added these. A cheap investment to avoid people tearing the seats up getting in and out. Solid mount and instructions were actually handy. Definitely a great addition. If you ever buy them, take a second to read the instructions. It might just save you a little frustration.

Exodus 4x4

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428325379.183873.jpg
LOD sliders showed up the night before the Big Bend trip (thanks Northridge 4x4!) and so instead of packing I bolted them on. They actually are way better than what I was expecting. Next day we headed out and after a 7 hour drive, hit the first trail I could get to in the park.

Exodus 4x4

First trail I could find was Old Ore Road. I guess the national park service doesn't let things get too aggressive because the best I could do was find this little rock to try out the flex on the new suspension. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428335645.144396.jpg
This was the first time I tried out the 4wd on this rig, or any jeep for that matter. Dropped it in 4L, locked the front and rear and disconnected the sway bar... Hopped up on that rock like it was nothing.

USMC Wrangler

Finally found your rig today at the Panther Junction Visitor Center around 3p.m. I hung around for a few minutes and hoped your "hey, someone is checking out my rig spidey senses" kicked off! :cheesy:

And here's the proof...Super Stocker and War Pig :icon_crazy:

Exodus 4x4

Finally found your rig today at the Panther Junction Visitor Center around 3p.m. I hung around for a few minutes and hoped your "hey, someone is checking out my rig spidey senses" kicked off! :cheesy:

And here's the proof...Super Stocker and War Pig :icon_crazy:

Ha! Yeah we pulled in there for a little bit after running Black Gap and then heading out. Sorry I missed ya. Black Gap was pretty good. Best trail by far. Think it would have been better running from south to north instead of the other way around. That little pass was pretty tight and I was worried I was going to lose a tire. Last time I do that without airing down! Thanks for all your info. I'll hit you up next time I'm out this way.

USMC Wrangler

Ha! Yeah we pulled in there for a little bit after running Black Gap and then heading out. Sorry I missed ya. Black Gap was pretty good. Best trail by far. Think it would have been better running from south to north instead of the other way around. That little pass was pretty tight and I was worried I was going to lose a tire. Last time I do that without airing down! Thanks for all your info. I'll hit you up next time I'm out this way.

Oh good, you made it to Black Gap! The first time I ran it went north to south, then turned around at that last wash and went south to north. Dropping off that little shelf in the pinch canyon going north the first time was a little worrisome to me, but no problem for the Jeep.

Ok, back to your build. Sorry for the hijack...

Top Bottom