Thread: PRESS RELEASE: EnerSys Launches ODYSSEY Performance Series Batteries

Post PRESS RELEASE: EnerSys Launches ODYSSEY Performance Series Batteries

PerformanceSeries BATTERY GROUP.jpg
    Designed with the same rugged construction as ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries, the new ODYSSEY Performance Series batteries offer equivalent deep cycling capabilities, long service life and high reliability. ODYSSEY Performance Series batteries are designed specifically for consumer applications, which do not require as many cold cranking amps (CCA) and reserve capacity (RC) minutes as ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries. However, they deliver more deep cycling capabilities for parasitic loads than conventional batteries. ODYSSEY Performance Series batteries are constructed of a market accepted polypropylene case and cover that resists oil, cleaners and gasoline, in the same black and orange color as the ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries.

With the increased use of onboard accessories in todays vehicles, the need for an automotive battery that offers reliable performance is critical. All applications benefit from the Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) technology behind the ODYSSEY Performance Series battery, which delivers the power that consumers expect from their battery, said Dave McMullen, director of commercial marketing for specialty and UPS markets, EnerSys. We are pleased to introduce a line of batteries, with pricing and performance tailored for the average consumer, but maintains the rugged construction and high performance of ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries.

ODYSSEY Performance Series batteries correspond to Battery Council International (BCI) Group 75/86 (ODYSSEY 75/86-705 battery), Group 48 (ODYSSEY 48-775 battery), Group 34 (ODYSSEY 34-790 battery), Group 78 (ODYSSEY 78-790 battery), Group 65 (ODYSSEY 65-840 battery) and Group 31 (ODYSSEY 31-800 battery).

For more information about the new ODYSSEY Performance Series batteries, visit www.odysseybattery.com.

Fresh Catch
    Are those better than Optima yellowtop?
    --
    K6JPE
    2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin75 View Post
    Are those better than Optima yellowtop?
    no question about it. trust me, i've run optima's for years and years and will never go back to them. odssey's are so much more reliable. a sears diehard platnum p1 is the same thing as an odssey.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    no question about it. trust me, i've run optima's for years and years and will never go back to them. odssey's are so much more reliable. a sears diehard platnum p1 is the same thing as an odssey.
    Cool, thanks! I'm in the market for a new primary battery (the aux battery is just over a year old and is still fine) so I'll look into these =)
    --
    K6JPE
    2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife

Checked out the website, but not near my vehicle. Which model would I need for a '13?
    Epic Addictions!

New Rig:
    2013 JKU Rubicon, 4" Evo Double D Long Arm Lift w/ Bilstein 5100's, 37" Nitto TGs on 17" Spyderlocks, J.E. Reel 1350 Front DS, LoD sliders, EVO 1/4 Pounder w/ Stinger, EVO Rockskins and Tire Carrier.

Previous Rig:
    2010 JKU Mountain Edition, 35" Wrangler MT/R Kevlar's, 3.5" Rock Krawler Flex System w/ Fox Shocks, 5.13 G2 gears, Spyderlock beadlocks, Coast 1310 FDS, EVO C2 kit and drag link flip kit, LoD sliders, Trektop NX.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
    Checked out the website, but not near my vehicle. Which model would I need for a '13?
    the 12 and up JK's use a new group 91 and these are hard to find. a group 48 is an equivalent size to a 91 and odyssey does offer that.