DTD! Now just waiting!

dillard09

So I was making the trek down the 91 from Hermosa Beach to the Offroad Evolution, cruise set at 75 and the heep decides to change lanes on its own. I turn the wheel and say no you don't and I get no response from her. No steering! I ease on the brakes and she comes back to the lane I was originally in and stops. Flashers on and traffic slowed, I get out to survey the damage and tie rod end on draglink at knuckle was clean broke at threads. I consider myself lucky!
So tow truck the last 10 miles to ORE.

Long story shorter, the jeep is still down there, pockets are lighter, and DTD going in sometime in the next 3-4 weeks!
I'm super stoked!
Here is the heep sitting out front with some of the works of art put out by the Evolution guys! Mine is the baby on the far left with the draglink hanging out the front of it.

ForumRunner_20150401_103845.jpg

big dr

"Pockets are lighter",,,, I wish my pockets weighed that much to begin with!:cheesy: Congrats on the new suspension, you will love it.

So I was making the trek down the 91 from Hermosa Beach to the Offroad Evolution, cruise set at 75 and the heep decides to change lanes on its own. I turn the wheel and say no you don't and I get no response from her. No steering! I ease on the brakes and she comes back to the lane I was originally in and stops. Flashers on and traffic slowed, I get out to survey the damage and tie rod end on draglink at knuckle was clean broke at threads. I consider myself lucky!

Long story shorter, the jeep is still down there, pockets are lighter, and DTD going in sometime in the next 3-4 weeks!
I'm super stoked!
Here is the heep sitting out front with some of the works of art put out by the Evolution guys! Mine is the baby on the far left with the draglink hanging out the front of it.

View attachment 134566

Nice....... Congrats

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I'm super stoked!

View attachment 134566

Congrats on the DTD! Bummer it broke on you on the way, but its in good hands now! :thumb:

dillard09

Rite! I had to sell my YJ to help pay for the DTD.

ForumRunner_20150401_112024.jpg

I work in Texas 2 weeks on then get two weeks off. So hopefully when I get my days off it will be only a week out. I don't want to have to go back for another hitch of 2 weeks and have to wait to get to try it out.
I can't wait!

dillard09

I'm scared to say! It was a Teraflex drag link flip kit with their monster trackbar. It looks like I hit a rock or something and it had a slight bend in it. Must have been putting extra stress on that end. I did look over all ends and everything looked good and tight to me about 2 weeks prior. Never game me an idea of a bigger problem and that something like that was going to happen.

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
How many guys that are running the DTD also run the King bump stops in the rear as well?

I have them. It's a few hundred extra and the install isn't the most straightforward kind of thing you'll want to tackle in your garage later. Your rig is already there and you're already committed. Might as well do it right. When in Rome......

dillard09

I have them. It's a few hundred extra and the install isn't the most straightforward kind of thing you'll want to tackle in your garage later. Your rig is already there and you're already committed. Might as well do it right. When in Rome......

Rite! And if I tell my wife "when in Rome" I'm sure she will say that we could have been to Rome a couple times for what I have spend on that dam jeep! So I guess I might have to try "when in fullerton". 👐
Well I know someday in the future it will be back there for the long arm upgrade so maybe it might have to wait till then.

Did you install the bumps from the start? I was wondering how much of a difference it does make having the bumps or just using the bypass as the bumps.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Rite! And if I tell my wife "when in Rome" I'm sure she will say that we could have been to Rome a couple times for what I have spend on that dam jeep! So I guess I might have to try "when in fullerton". 
Well I know someday in the future it will be back there for the long arm upgrade so maybe it might have to wait till then.

Did you install the bumps from the start? I was wondering how much of a difference it does make having the bumps or just using the bypass as the bumps.

Bumps from the start so I couldn't tell you what its like without them. Funny thing is when I called Drew and placed the order for the parts, I chose to do what you did and skipped the bumps. When I called back later and told him to order the bumps, he told me that he figured I would say that and had ordered them anyways. :yup:

dillard09

I think Drew can read minds as well.
I orginally was going to just rebuild my coilovers in the rear and not go with the bypass back there and add later and then decided to go ahead with the bypass. I called back up Drew and he said I knew you would.
I was hard for me and even more for the wife to swallow the price of just the DTD so I will see how it rides. When I go back for the long arm I might just have to add them.
Btw smokinv10 what skids and sway bars do you run under your rig?

Last edited:
Top Bottom