Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: SEMA Show Spotlight - Nitto Tire KoH K-Spec Trail Grappler M/T

VIDEO: SEMA Show Spotlight - Nitto Tire KoH K-Spec Trail Grappler M/T

After making its debut at the 2012 King of the Hammers Ultra 4 Race in Johnson Valley, CA, and after about a year of extensive testing by Off Road Evolution, Nitto Tire has decided to release the highly desired K-Spec Trail Grappler M/T in a DOT approved rubber compound. Overall, this new tire is every bit the one used by the pros at KoH only now, it’s street legal and won’t wear down to a nub in just a few thousand miles. It has the exact same tread pattern, it still retains the aggressive proprietary shoulder lug design and will only be available in a 40x13.50 tire size. In this short SEMA Show Spotlight video, you’ll get to see Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution (one of the persons responsible for it’s design) highlight this awesome new tire. I hope you enjoy.

If only these had been ready for us to "test" during the JKX I know what I will be running in the future! Oh well, love my mud grapplers, no complaints there
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    If only these had been ready for us to "test" during the JKX oh well, love my mud grapplers
    In a way, I'm really glad that they weren't available yet as it gave me a chance to test out a set of Mud Grapplers - something I've always wanted to do but, had been reluctant to do. Now that I have, I can say with first hand experience that the noise isn't as bad as I thought it would be and the performance of them is outstanding. With any luck, I'll get a chance to test out a set of K-Spec Trail Grapplers someday too

Banned
    Well , I wasn't planning on going that big , but maybe by the time I get to that point in my build they will have made some smaller sizes or maybe I'll be thinking 40's yeah definitely need 40's .

Are they only going to be avalible in 40? I will be getting 40's one day but not until i can enlarge my budget.

Eddie, do the mud grapplers have a flutter sort of sound to them? I hear it occasionally when I go by another jeep on the road but I have never actually heard them first hand or knew what i was lstening to.
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Evo Sliders, gussets, and control arm skids
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by bl17z90 View Post
    Are they only going to be avalible in 40? I will be getting 40's one day but not until i can enlarge my budget.
    actually, these will ONLY be available in a 40.

Eddie, do the mud grapplers have a flutter sort of sound to them? I hear it occasionally when I go by another jeep on the road but I have never actually heard them first hand or knew what i was lstening to.
    flutter? no, more like a buzzing likes a swarm of bees around your head

Dang, well until I get there normal trail grapplers will have to do.

I'm gonna try to find someone around me who has mud grapplers and see if I can figure out that they sound like, don't want to spend that kind of cash on tires and have the sound annoy me too much
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Dang, well until I get there normal trail grapplers will have to do.

I'm gonna try to find someone around me who has mud grapplers and see if I can figure out that they sound like, don't want to spend that kind of cash on tires and have the sound annoy me too much
    ya know, i'm sure we have some video of us on the highway somewhere. if we have the time, i'll see what i can't do about putting together some kind of sound clip

Cool, thanks. My accountant aka the wife is the voice of reason in this relationship and loves the jeep she just asked me to not get a tire that makes too much noise. Shes got a co worker who has rediculously loud tires and I thought they were mud grapplers but I'm not too sure, never seen them myself.
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Cool, thanks. My accountant aka the wife is the voice of reason in this relationship and loves the jeep she just asked me to not get a tire that makes too much noise. Shes got a co worker who has rediculously loud tires and I thought they were mud grapplers but I'm not too sure, never seen them myself.
    well, to be fair, these are about the noisest tires i've ever run. i don't mind it but if it's a concern, i wouldn't get these. by contrast, the trail grapperls are some of the quietest MT's i've ever run. the only way to get quieter is to run an AT or street tires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast