Rugged ridge rim protectors

HIlife

Question:

I have 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on rugged ridge wheels and have been looking at rugged ridges rim protectors for these. I thought I read on a different form that people were having trouble with these working on the trail grapplers because of the tread. Does anyone have this combo or know anything about it? Here is the rim protector I'm talking about..

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/R...pcfon=1&gp=1&gclid=CK3Im8PA28QCFQqEfgodam0AzA

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp543:3>nu=7:65>;<4>258>WSNRCG=36488::4<9349nu0mrj

Thanks in advance!!

Ah2014jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428145955.271748.jpg

Here is a picture of my jeep from last summer. The only issue I have was the bolts that came with them. They were just a stainless regular bolt. This means that there is a large bolt head sticking out to get caught on things. If you can outsource a dome head or something then that would be better. I like the rim overall though

bsimon187

I run them with the 37" trail grapplers. The only issue with the 37's line posted above is the size of the screw head. I am looking for flatter heads now. But hey look great and are a cheap investment to help protect the rims. I picked them up on Amazon for like 15 each and my rims still look new with he exception the rock rims.

HIlife

Awesome!! Thanks a lot guys, and they look great on your jeeps. I will go ahead and order them off of amazon then!

HIlife

I run them with the 37" trail grapplers. The only issue with the 37's line posted above is the size of the screw head. I am looking for flatter heads now. But hey look great and are a cheap investment to help protect the rims. I picked them up on Amazon for like 15 each and my rims still look new with he exception the rock rims.

Was about to order these and noticed that on the product details on rugged ridges site it actually says they do not work with nitto trail grapplers. Haha.

PJF14

Did you find the flatter head screws for the rim protectors yet? I'm also looking for them.

bsimon187

I found them through metal masters. But they rusted real quick. Our ace hardware carries them as well. So I took the protectors off to get better bolts before they rusted through all the way and found the source of a squeak I had been chasing for some time. The rim protectors were rubbing on the tire in certain spots. So currently running without them.

PJF14

I found them through metal masters. But they rusted real quick. Our ace hardware carries them as well. So I took the protectors off to get better bolts before they rusted through all the way and found the source of a squeak I had been chasing for some time. The rim protectors were rubbing on the tire in certain spots. So currently running without them.

Gotta ya. If you don't mind keep me posted if you find good ones. I'm also looking. Getting my 37 Nitto's installed tomorrow. Might run without them until I find the bolts.

I have a buddy that uses these in the opposite way you would expect. He wheels with them off and put the rings on to cover the rash. He found them harder to clean with the rings on and the rings themselves damage easily.

(All second hand info)

Top Bottom