Page 84 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1254

Thread: I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

  1. #831
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrcherr View Post
    One of the handiest father's day gifts I've gotten in years!!Attachment 289241
    Nice! I got both for Christmas. I just need to collect more impact sockets now.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  2. #832
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    A couple more updates...

    I installed four of the low profile/needle style zerks on my front LCA's. I also drilled a 1/4" hole in the axle mount.

    IMG_4819.jpg

    Inspired by Eddie's write up....

    HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=50427

    My 10 year old daughter got a couple gift cards for Christmas. She decided she needed an RC rock crawler. For $45 this thing is actually 4x4 and is quite fun. Another Jeeper in the making for sure!

    IMG_4815.jpg

    IMG_4816.jpg
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  3. #833
    Hooked Clowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    A couple more updates...

    I installed four of the low profile/needle style zerks on my front LCA's. I also drilled a 1/4" hole in the axle mount.

    IMG_4819.jpg

    Inspired by Eddie's write up....

    HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=50427

    My 10 year old daughter got a couple gift cards for Christmas. She decided she needed an RC rock crawler. For $45 this thing is actually 4x4 and is quite fun. Another Jeeper in the making for sure!

    IMG_4815.jpg

    IMG_4816.jpg
    Love it man. My boys love taking toy dirt bikes to play with on the trail.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #834
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Well, I still have no idea why the cabin filters seemed to work. I can say with certainty that whatever it was is not correcting the issue anymore.

    It is now different than before, but still not right. Now on one click cooler than the hottest setting I get the expected result on the passenger side but cold air on the drivers side. I've seen so many varying fixes to this, I plan to start small (drivers side actuator). I'm no longer under warranty, so I'll do my best to troubleshoot and report back on what I find.
    I haven't really had any issues with this in awhile, until tonight.

    I was driving home tonight with the vent on, in the coldest setting and no AC. It was just a touch warm in Tucson as I left, so the AC wasn't needed. I stopped at a gas station and shut off the engine. When I started it back up, still on cold, I got really hot air. I turned the AC on, but it was still hot. I cycled the temp setting from cold, to hot and back to cold. After that it stayed cold. As I got closer to home the outside temp drastically cooled off, (2000 ft higher elevation). I put the dial in the middle setting and it was still cold. The only way I made heat was on the hottest setting, which was too hot. Kinda like what it was doing before, but again different. I had even temps on both sides.

    I'm guessing it's one of the various actuators, or worse, the controls??? Any suggestions where to start diagnosing further?
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  5. #835
    Old Timer sipafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saukville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    I haven't really had any issues with this in awhile, until tonight.

    I was driving home tonight with the vent on, in the coldest setting and no AC. It was just a touch warm in Tucson as I left, so the AC wasn't needed. I stopped at a gas station and shut off the engine. When I started it back up, still on cold, I got really hot air. I turned the AC on, but it was still hot. I cycled the temp setting from cold, to hot and back to cold. After that it stayed cold. As I got closer to home the outside temp drastically cooled off, (2000 ft higher elevation). I put the dial in the middle setting and it was still cold. The only way I made heat was on the hottest setting, which was too hot. Kinda like what it was doing before, but again different. I had even temps on both sides.

    I'm guessing it's one of the various actuators, or worse, the controls??? Any suggestions where to start diagnosing further?
    Maybe keep an eye on this thread:

    https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1011149

    Sounds like you have similar issues.

  6. #836
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Maybe keep an eye on this thread:

    https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1011149

    Sounds like you have similar issues.
    Thanks! I missed that one in my search.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  7. #837
    Old Timer sipafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saukville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Thanks! I missed that one in my search.
    I see you’re back, did you ever make those rock sliders?

  8. #838
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    I see you’re back, did you ever make those rock sliders?
    I’ve been lurking from time to time. There have been a lot of big developments over the past several months. I have not gotten to finish them due to that stuff. I have those to finish and steel on hand to make a tire carrier. I actually want to get my rear gears done and the donor D30 with 4.56 swapped in before that other stuff. I haven’t lost interest in Spider or WAL. Life’s just busy right now.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  9. #839
    Old Timer sipafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saukville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    I’ve been lurking from time to time. There have been a lot of big developments over the past several months. I have not gotten to finish them due to that stuff. I have those to finish and steel on hand to make a tire carrier. I actually want to get my rear gears done and the donor D30 with 4.56 swapped in before that other stuff. I haven’t lost interest in Spider or WAL. Life’s just busy right now.
    I was working on my own design the other day and remembered that you were doing the same some time ago. Good to hear that you’re still poking around here and there; life will do that to ya from time to time. Here’s to finding more Jeep time .

  10. #840
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    I was working on my own design the other day and remembered that you were doing the same some time ago. Good to hear that you’re still poking around here and there; life will do that to ya from time to time. Here’s to finding more Jeep time .
    Good luck! So true and thanks!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 84 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS