37" Recommendation

JRied

I'm getting ready to start the process of upgrading my tires and wanted some advice. My Jeep is my DD and I wheel on weekends. No real rock crawling (Miami). I wanted an aggressive looking tire that can hold up well to a lot of city and highway miles. Don't want to buy new tires after 25k miles etc etc

Flash1034

With almost any tire worthwhile offroad, you will likely have to replace sooner than later. If you don't mind sacrificing off road ability, you could go with an AT tread and get more service life.

Flash

hhunter050

I'm getting ready to start the process of upgrading my tires and wanted some advice. My Jeep is my DD and I wheel on weekends. No real rock crawling (Miami). I wanted an aggressive looking tire that can hold up well to a lot of city and highway miles. Don't want to buy new tires after 25k miles etc etc

I had 37" coopers discover stts and got 45k miles out of em. Now I have the same! Very aggressive and don't have a lot of road noise

JRied

Nah AT is not an option. Just seeing what you guys would recommend for a longer lasting tire. I know it's you shouldn't expect to get more then 40k off of them

Last edited:

rockstarbillyg

37x12.5r15

I LOVE my Pit Bulls! I got the 37x12.5r15 Pit Bull Rocker Radials and I love them. They are awesome on the trail and in the mud and are great on the road as well. I would rotate them every 1000 miles and you should get 35,000 miles out of them for sure. Very aggressive tire and also very quiet. I balanced mine with 10oz per tire of the dynabeads. They are fantastic! I'll never get another tire ever again unless they are Pit Bulls.
pb1.jpg pb3.jpg pb4.jpg

JRied

I LOVE my Pit Bulls! I got the 37x12.5r15 Pit Bull Rocker Radials and I love them. They are awesome on the trail and in the mud and are great on the road as well. I would rotate them every 1000 miles and you should get 35,000 miles out of them for sure. Very aggressive tire and also very quiet. I balanced mine with 10oz per tire of the dynabeads. They are fantastic! I'll never get another tire ever again unless they are Pit Bulls.
View attachment 135911 View attachment 135912 View attachment 135913

Would you mind telling me how much they cost you? PM me if necessary

Malac

I can't speak high enough about the new Nitto G2's. They look and sound great. They are rated at 40k miles I believe. If you are interested at all let me know and I will post some pics of them on the rig.

Malac

JRied

I can't speak high enough about the new Nitto G2's. They look and sound great. They are rated at 40k miles I believe. If you are interested at all let me know and I will post some pics of them on the rig.

Malac

Yea man post away

BlackHawk08jk

I like the way the toto open country mts wore. For a mt they wear great. I'm running mud grapplers now but they don't wear nearly as good. The Nitto trail grappler also wears very well for a mt. I do agree that the terra grappler will by far get you a lot more miles I got about 50k out of a set of 31s, before I started my mods.

pastorwug

I like the way the toto open country mts wore. For a mt they wear great. I'm running mud grapplers now but they don't wear nearly as good. The Nitto trail grappler also wears very well for a mt. I do agree that the terra grappler will by far get you a lot more miles I got about 50k out of a set of 31s, before I started my mods.

I also have the Toyo Open Country MTS - and they just won't wear out! I suspect I'll get at least 40k out of them - they are quite heavy tires though, add that weight to typical bead locks and you've got a heavy package to turn round and round. But, I love them and definitely would buy them again.

Eugene the Jeep

I just had a set of cooper st maxx installed for discount tire in the Orlando area. They are a hybrid of a/t and m/t. They very quite and ride really nice. They have a 30 day 2/32 ride garentee. I got 4 with lifetime rotation and balance for 1275.00.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1428439871408.jpg
    1428439871408.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 292

BlackHawk08jk

I also have the Toyo Open Country MTS - and they just won't wear out! I suspect I'll get at least 40k out of them - they are quite heavy tires though, add that weight to typical bead locks and you've got a heavy package to turn round and round. But, I love them and definitely would buy them again.

They are for sure heavy but the quality of the tire is amazing after my grapplers wear out that is what I'm going back to.

rockstarbillyg

Pit Bull Rockers

Would you mind telling me how much they cost you? PM me if necessary

I got them from 4x4groupbuy.com I got 40 oz of dynabeads and the (4) 37x12.5r15 for about $1700. The beads wee $144 so I paid just under $400 a tire They are always in stock on that site as well... most places can't keep them in stock and they are backordered for months \m/ OlllllllO

Wardell

Check out the new bfg ko2

I was about to suggest that one too. BFG advertises them as having twice the treadlife on gravel and 15% longer treadlife on asphalt compared to the original KO. The only caveat to that is the KO2s are a new tire as of this fall and the 37" size only came out last month, so they really haven't been around long enough for anyone to put that claim to the test.

I am getting these in 37s fairly soon, but I picked them primarily because they're the only 37s that are winter rated. The tread life on gravel is a big plus for me though, since there are a lot of chipseal roads up here, and even the paved roads are graveled in the winter. For the OP, conditions down where you are are a lot different, so I doubt those are factors you're concerned about.

desertrunner

I got them from 4x4groupbuy.com I got 40 oz of dynabeads and the (4) 37x12.5r15 for about $1700. The beads wee $144 so I paid just under $400 a tire They are always in stock on that site as well... most places can't keep them in stock and they are backordered for months \m/ OlllllllO

do they do free shipping? bugs me that they make you put in all your info before you see what delivered price will be. hoping they have T graps in stock

rockstarbillyg

Pit Bull Rockers

do they do free shipping? bugs me that they make you put in all your info before you see what delivered price will be. hoping they have T graps in stock

Yes, shipping is free, they use a freight company... I would strongly urge against getting any Nittos... they just aren't that good a tire in my experience. They look great, but so many tires out perform them 100%. Pit Bull makes 3 different kinds of tires in both radial and bias plys. If you want a serious tire and don't want the Pit Bulls I would strongly reccomend the GoodYear Wrangler MT/Rs with Kevlar. \m/

Top Bottom