Front end clunk

JKU-Tom

I need some help. I have had a squeak in my front end for a few weeks that has now turned into a clunk. Jacked the front end up. Not really much play in the wheels. Noticed that whenever I turn them left the clunk comes from the psngr front. Any ideas?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I need some help. I have had a squeak in my front end for a few weeks that has now turned into a clunk. Jacked the front end up. Not really much play in the wheels. Noticed that whenever I turn them left the clunk comes from the psngr front. Any ideas?

Check you track bar at the axle end. Best place to start. Check the torque and for any movement. Slight movement is normal as the rubber bushings flex slightly.

Jay_r24

Curious about this, I am having the same problem, I am going to pull my wheels off this weekend and check my u joints. I get the clunk In The drivers side when turning the wheel. See video below, is this how yours sounds?

http://youtu.be/cXwtidkKQSU

Txjkjpr

It is hard to see in the video, but I think your drag link is hitting the tie rod end. I had a similar noise and noticed that when the Synergy drag link was slightly pointing down the grease fitting would contact the drag link. I pushed it up and it didn't contact. It made a slight noise but to that loud. I am moving my drag link today to a top steer.

JKU-Tom

Mine did turn out to be the trac bar. It also looks like my steering stabilizer is bad. It's leaking and binding a little. Thanks for the detailed info everybody. Sometimes I realize just how much a newbie I am.

Top Bottom