Seller's Remorse

I'm getting ready to sell my truck and I'm already feeling the sellers remorse. It's my first vehicle and I've had it for almost 5 years. I get a 2013 JKUR out of it but I'm still going to miss her like hell. Does anyone know how to cope??

ClarksAdventures

I'm getting ready to sell my truck and I'm already feeling the sellers remorse. It's my first vehicle and I've had it for almost 5 years. I get a 2013 JKUR out of it but I'm still going to miss her like hell. Does anyone know how to cope??

Beer. Lots of it. I got my first jeep, a JKR last year. It going to stay with me forever. I would be heartbroken if we had to part ways.

MarkW13

Beer. Lots of it. I got my first jeep, a JKR last year. It going to stay with me forever. I would be heartbroken if we had to part ways.

I never thought we would part ways. I just dont have the garage space and apparently, I'm not allowed to own 3 cars (according to my wife). Going for the beer.

My 7 year old daughter cried. Sad day.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
It's always tough getting rid of something you've put so much blood sweat and tears into but building the JK will make it all worth it! :thumb:

2Cross

Caught the Bug

My only coping mechanism is to take lots of pictures and keep the license plate in the garage. I've owned/built 7 jeeps and one dodge power wagon over the years. It's a journey of a troubled mind.

I'm not sure if it is less expensive than therapy or not.

One thing I've heard that rings true is that a good set of axles is like a family heirloom.

I keep the photos and license plates to remember my old rides.

My only coping mechanism is to take lots of pictures and keep the license plate in the garage. I've owned/built 7 jeeps and one dodge power wagon over the years. It's a journey of a troubled mind.

I'm not sure if it is less expensive than therapy or not.

One thing I've heard that rings true is that a good set of axles is like a family heirloom.

I keep the photos and license plates to remember my old rides.

I never thought about keeping the license plates but damn that's a good idea, I just wish I could have both... It sounds greedy but I'm sure people understand how I feel.. Agh

TCMguy

Yes, it is a tough one. I had a brave Suzuki Vitara 2001 before having my Wrangler. I did not pay attention to the rust problem on the Vitara until it was too late. I kept the Vitara for a while with the intent of rebuilding the body but it was just too expensive. It served bravely to the end, taking me through one of the worst snowstorms I've seen in 40 years of driving.

On the bright side my wife sold the Vitara to a mechanic who said he could fix the body for himself at a reasonable price. Better than going to the junkyard.

Yes, I kept the license plates, wheel cover etc.

The best therapy is to make new memories with your new vehicle. I'm sure you have talked to your daughter and will include her in activities with Albino. I was also quite sad for a while but my JK (his name is Temeraire) has cheered me up quite a bit.

thardy

Banned
I know it's going to be hard once mine is actually gone. Thought this one was going to be with me for life but it just makes the most sense for me and my family. One day soon I'll be back and prepared to build my beast.

xrayjeeper83

I regret selling my YJ for the JK. The JK has been so much more work. I bought the JK so I could fit everyone and the dog....damn dog never seems to come with us lol

Lil Nasty

I spoke with a guy the other day that traded his JKUR for an F150 because he though he needed a truck. He said he could kick himself every morning for doing it. He really missed his jeep when he was checking mine out. I don't regret selling my truck to get the jeep.

HoosierWolf

"I just dont have the garage space and apparently, I'm not allowed to own 3 cars (according to my wife)."

Hopefully she will change her mind :(

I still regret getting rid of my XJ. My mother bought a Dodge truck and hated it. She started asking about trading for my XJ and finally I did because she hated driving the truck so much. I regretted my decision from the moment I handed her the keys. I love my JKU but I still miss my XJ.

CastleRockJeep

"I just dont have the garage space and apparently, I'm not allowed to own 3 cars (according to my wife)."

Hopefully she will change her mind :(

I still regret getting rid of my XJ. My mother bought a Dodge truck and hated it. She started asking about trading for my XJ and finally I did because she hated driving the truck so much. I regretted my decision from the moment I handed her the keys. I love my JKU but I still miss my XJ.

I miss all 3 of my XJ's!!!

Top Bottom