Spare Tire

azflyinscooter

Just curious how many people have had to use there spare tire out on the trail or maybe on there commute to work. I'm debating whether to purchasing a spare, I really like the look of the rear the JK without spare.

scull20

I used the spare on my old Liberty after getting a nail in a parking lot in one of the tires. Spare got me to store to get a patching kit, then I was good to go after I pulled the nail and plugged the hole.

...if you're contemplating not running a spare, I would carry a patching kit. Then you'll at least be able to take care of minor punctures. If you got anything nasty in your sidewall you might be in trouble without a spare.

Rccrwlr

Just curious how many people have had to use there spare tire out on the trail or maybe on there commute to work. I'm debating whether to purchasing a spare, I really like the look of the rear the JK without spare.

Safeish pit crew on Fordyce. I vote spare
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429018988.227475.jpg .

Wardell

I remember seeing a post from one of the newbie runs where someone not only needed their spare, but two or three other spares from other members of the group because they kept popping their tires. Definitely take a spare.

bkac

Caught the Bug

I wouldn't go without! That one time you need it and don't have it will change your mind.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I like the look too sometimes. But have needed a spare while miles from any help and had to 3 wheel it out to the main road then wait. Wasn't my jeep so didn't have much control over the fact. But sure won't ever take mine off.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I've used three. If you don't get a spare just drive on the highway. I wouldn't wheel without one.

Well I have once at a park close to home just off the freeway. With beadlocks I wasn't worried about getting out and getting towed if need be.

azflyinscooter

I think I have my answer :thumb: I'm getting the spare for piece of mind. I don't think road side assistance would help out on the desert trail.

Peak

This is a good point if you got the room.

If you don't have the room I would buy or make a cargo rack for the back and throw everything else that you carry under it and the spare on top or vice versa. This would be perfect imo especially since you have a JKU.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429022261.237505.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429022322.138026.jpg

JKU EXTREME

Better to have and not need than need and not have. Plus if you are going to run any expedition runs like JKX or something like that. (I drew a blank) they require a full size spare

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wheeled once without a spare due to being backordered, but I deff took it easy that day since its a hour drive home.

Top Bottom