D30 axle shafts

Jeepmonger

Has anyone heard anything about the later model JK with a dana 30 having bigger axles the say a 07 dana 30 JK?:thinking:

Jeepmonger

So would the Dana 30 axles from 2012 fit in a dana 30 from a 2007?:brows:. Kinda of tired of breaking the ones that I have now.:thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So would the Dana 30 axles from 2012 fit in a dana 30 from a 2007?:brows:. Kinda of tired of breaking the ones that I have now.:thumb:

They would fit but I don't think they are any stronger. I think the yoke is just designed differently making it bigger. Where are your axles breaking?

Jeepmonger

It breaks at the u joint and ears on the axle on the passenger side. Saw some spares somebody had and they were considerably larger. so was thinking that would be better than what i have now:thumb:

Webe

Go with the Spicer full circle clip U joints. Outside of that get a ProRock or G2 Core 44 to stop going home all busted up!

noroad

It breaks at the u joint and ears on the axle on the passenger side. Saw some spares somebody had and they were considerably larger. so was thinking that would be better than what i have now:thumb:

on a dana 30 this is what you want tho, a broken shafts is much easier to fix and get home on then a R&P.

Jeepmonger

Agreed,but already replaced u joint twice and axle replacements are getting harder to come by.just trying to last a bit longer before it breaks. With the bigger yokes they won't spin the cap and fall out. That is my theory anyway.:thumb: I don't have the 4500.00 buckaroonies to spend on a dynatrac or teraflex or g2. Now all three times it has broken I wasn't doing something stupid or hard on the pedal. Last one was while I was winching for crying out loud.:naw:.My cj had a dana 30 and when I got over excited I twisted a drive line. Never had an issue with the 30.Thanks for all the replies:beer:

Top Bottom