Soft top cleaning

hbkid22

Does anyone actually use a cleaner and protectant for their soft top? Especially the Bestop Twill? Have had mine for a full winter in CO but have not cleaned it (other than soap/water) since I bought it...

CandAMudders

would like to know

Just ordered the NX in twill yesterday, thought about the package of cleaners than thought there is probably a cheaper alternative. Just not sure about the twill fabric.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I bought the bestop maintenance/cleaning kit off of Amazon but haven't tried it either. Just use regular car wash mix on it

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does anyone actually use a cleaner and protectant for their soft top? Especially the Bestop Twill? Have had mine for a full winter in CO but have not cleaned it (other than soap/water) since I bought it...

I do, I havent used the cleaner on the top yet, but the bestop window cleaner is :thumb: Once the top is dirty enough to justify shampoo, I'll give it a go.

I followed the directions on the bottle for the windows, and they came out perfect with NO scratches. it was better then expected :thumb:

hbkid22

I do, I havent used the cleaner on the top yet, but the bestop window cleaner is :thumb: Once the top is dirty enough to justify shampoo, I'll give it a go.

I followed the directions on the bottle for the windows, and they came out perfect with NO scratches. it was better then expected :thumb:

I was thinking the window cleaner is a good option as soap/water have been working fine on the top so far. I think I will be ordering the window cleaner soon.

thanks.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I was thinking the window cleaner is a good option as soap/water have been working fine on the top so far. I think I will be ordering the window cleaner soon.

thanks.

a little more info on why I give bestop window cleaner a :thumb:

I installed my soft top brand new, right out of the packaging from Chrysler, and it rained the next day, then I took it on a few fire roads over the few weeks to come. the windows had not been cleaned since install, so noob-ish myself, i grabbed a wet rag to wipe them down and scratched the hell out of the rear window. I let another few weeks slip by, and didn't touch the windows again until I was out on the trail and took them off (into a bestop window storage bag all dirty as i didnt want to wipe them down and scratch them MORE, rolled up and left in the tent) I took the windows out and re installed them each night, and removed them again in the morning.

needless to say the windows were pretty rough with lite scratches. but I read the directions on the Bestop Window Cleaner bottle, and they look brand new again, absolutely ZERO scratches. :thumb:

hbkid22

a little more info on why I give bestop window cleaner a :thumb:

I installed my soft top brand new, right out of the packaging from Chrysler, and it rained the next day, then I took it on a few fire roads over the few weeks to come. the windows had not been cleaned since install, so noob-ish myself, i grabbed a wet rag to wipe them down and scratched the hell out of the rear window. I let another few weeks slip by, and didn't touch the windows again until I was out on the trail and took them off (into a bestop window storage bag all dirty as i didnt want to wipe them down and scratch them MORE, rolled up and left in the tent) I took the windows out and re installed them each night, and removed them again in the morning.

needless to say the windows were pretty rough with lite scratches. but I read the directions on the Bestop Window Cleaner bottle, and they look brand new again, absolutely ZERO scratches. :thumb:

Awesome that the cleaner works that good.

And yeah I already made the mistake to use windex and a rag. Didn't scratch to bad but still.

CandAMudders

scratches...bad

Great feedback thanks, will have to get some of that window cleaner. I did the same thing 4 years ago when I got the first Trektop. Tried to clean it with some Windex and a rag. Yikes. Have to look on line to see if there is special way to clean the twill or just straight up soap-water. Probably the latter is fine.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug

I use the 303 protectant. Works amazingly

Autorotate

The top itself is usually a PITA, however upkeep from the start has worked over the years. I just use hard bristle brush and simple green for the top once or twice a year. I have used the 303 occasionally when dry, but never purchased it as a habit.

Windows are soap and water for cleaning then pledge furniture polish after they dry. I never roll them and they are stored hanging up when zipped out of the top. Windows last a long time with care.

BobNH

With my TJ, straight water and a wash brush. No soap. I think it was in the manual.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Battle Born JK

Thanks for moving my post i was pretty sure it was already here but couldnt find it😀. Anyone here used 303 soft top cleaner? I know it does wonders on the inside.

onebadtwo

I need to get something to clean my top... My windows aren't bad, but the top itself is stained pretty bad from the clay in the area where I wheel. It looks HORRIBLE! I have started running my hardtop 90% of the time because of how bad it looks...

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I know you have the twill top but for everyone else, the back to black stuff in any brand works great to restore the color of the vinyl on pretty much every top I've used it on. I do believe there are color restorers for other colors too such as something close to twill. Just my 2 cents 👍

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom